Fordson Dexta Front Loader Arms

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
mbouch
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fordson Dexta Front Loader Arms

Post by mbouch »

I wanted to post an image but I can't seem to do it....sorry
I think the tractor is a 1958 Fordson Dexta. If anyone knows for sure I would sure be happy. I need to replace my front loader arms but I don't know where to find them or what kinds would fit. If anyone can help, it would be great. The numbers I have found on this tractor are:
right side.......957E 7005
T4
3H21
left side.......37111310
GKN15721G
Any info would help,
Thanks,
Mike

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Mike,
Only one of your numbers is of use in identifying it. That one is the date code 3H21. This gives a date of 21st of August 1963.

The 957E number you quote is a casting number and the same on all tractors.

If you look carefully at each casting you will find numbers like the one in the date code. All other cast numbers are of no use.

On the left side of the tractor, where the engine joins the clutch housing, on the flange you will see a number starting 957E that is stamped, not cast, into the flange. This is the one you want.

If you go to the Wiki on this site, in the report on the Winterwijk Show 2009, there are pictures of some of the Dexta casting numbers and the 957E number that we need.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Fordson Dexta Front Loader Arms

Post by Bensdexta »

mbouch wrote:I need to replace my front loader arms but I don't know where to find them or what kinds would fit. If anyone can help, it would be great.
I don't know where you are located, but a common front loader on UK Dextas is the Horndraulic Loader, see pic belowImage
The transverse member of the mounting frame bolts under the tractor onto the flange at the front of the clutch housing, where it is bolted to the engine block. The two longitudinal frame members onto which the arms and hydraulic rams are mounted, run backwards to brackets (painted red in the foreground of the pic) which are bolted under the rear axle onto the fender bolts. These loaders come up from time to time on ebay, typically selling for £150-200.
There are other loaders used on Dextas but this is the type I have on my Dexta.
HTH!
Ben

mbouch
Not Quite Blue Yet

Dexta

Post by mbouch »

I guess I should have said where I live...sorry. I live in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. So I would like to find some loader arms some what close to me. I did some more checking for numbers and I found one that was really hard to read but I think it said
09C922?5 (on flange)
but on the other side it said
957E 7505 C
I'm confused....
Thanks for your replies, all info I can get is great.
Mike[/u]

Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Re: Dexta

Post by Meanderer »

mbouch wrote:I'm confused....Mike
We all were (are) when we first start! Even Brian! Albeit for him it was Eons ago mind you. :P

Hey guys and gals, here are the images of Mike's Dexta with Loader.
Guys, I want to point out that Mike is not very computer literate and so his wonderful wife Marie is doing all the research on his tractor for him. She was worried that us guys might not give her enough credit if she used her own name! (You know how those spare parts and car salesman treat women .... we are just the opposite aren't we!)

Marie & Mike,
The tractor is a late 1963 Dexta but I don't know for sure how to tell the difference between a standard Dexta and a Super Dexta or what differences there are other than that they have a different capacity engine and gearbox ratios. So someone else will have to advise you on that.

As Marie stated earlier, they are in North West Ontario. Let's say around 450 km East of Winnipeg Manitoba. So a bit of local knowledge for sourcing parts would be helpful.

Here are the pics.

Marie & Mike
Stefan is a member here and has a wonderfully helpful site at
http://www.fordson-dexta.de/

In case you didn't know, this site has 3 sections:
The Actual Website with lots of info etc. http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/
And this is a direct link to the Wiki that Brian mentioned:
http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/wiki/ ... o2008.html
There is this NEW BB we are on now, but there is the old BB where there is a few years of very valuable information in those forums. To go there, look at the *Sticky* thread at the top of each Forum here or go to the Main Website.
Don't be afraid to ask .... just YELL loudly from out there in the wilderness. ;)

Rick
Last edited by Meanderer on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'
Regards,
Rick

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Dexta

Post by Bensdexta »

mbouch wrote:So I would like to find some loader arms some what close to me.
Hi and Welcome,
You might find it easier to repair your current loader arms - they don't look too bad. A bit of welding might fix whatever is wrong. Might be easier than trying to find another set of arms to fit your tractor frame, or you may have to replace that as well.
BTW Looks like a Super Dexta from the shape of the nose cowling.
Hope you enjoy the Forum,
Ben

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

Hi Marie and Mike,
Welcome to the forum.
I think that's a Ford loader, but I'm not sure. I'm not too familiar with Ford equipment of that era. I have repaired things that look worse than that, but I'm sure there are things that I can't see in the pictures. Can you find a good welder to look at it?
I agree with Ben. That is a Super Dexta radiator cowl. The 09C prefix is from 1963, but your serial number is missing a few digits.

mbouch
Not Quite Blue Yet

1963 Super Dexta

Post by mbouch »

Wow....I went to Stefans site, what a great site. I am now convinced it is a 1963 Super Dexta. Thanks to all of you here.
We have decided to do some work to the old girl but we use it so much it is hard to decide when the best time to have her out of comission would be. I have made a manual and parts list for her and am now looking into where I can get parts here in Canada.
We have put weld on top of weld on the loader arms but this time I think we will take them right off and do a major job on them. They do most of the work as we use them to push snow, we made forks to load saw logs onto the mill and loading and unloading and digging too. This little tractor works her but off LOL
I will keep you posted.
Thanks,
Marie & Mike

RounderRick
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by RounderRick »

Hello Marie & Mike – Your loader was probably made by Allied, now part of bühler, which is located in your part of the world.

http://www.buhler.com/dev/dealers-locate.html

I’m pretty sure it’s an Allied 300 because, except for the homebrewed tilt cylinder, it looks just like the one on my Dexta. I’ve got a manual around here someplace that I can scan, if it will do you any good. GoodLuck - RounderRick