Bit of Advice Please

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
dewaltdisney
True Blue

Bit of Advice Please

Post by dewaltdisney »

We are in the process of selling our house and land and the time has come to sell my Dexta. Is there still an old tractor market and how is the best way to go about finding a buyer? It is a 1962, not cosmetically good looking but it has been a working tractor and I have used it for about 12 years keeping the pastures cut. I think the most important point is I want to find a good home for it. it is based in Essex.

Many thanks

DWD

mathias1
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Bit of Advice Please

Post by mathias1 »

Hi,

sorry to hear you need to sell the dexta. Maybe there's someone in the neighberhood where you can stall it during the winter, so you can still have some fun with it?
You could also take it to a tractor show and advertise it for sale?
Fordson Super Major New Performance
County Super 4 built on the Fordson Super Major
Selene built on the Fordson Super Major New Performance with Silvant winch

dewaltdisney
True Blue

Re: Bit of Advice Please

Post by dewaltdisney »

I have sold my tractor now but it appears to have gone to a good home. For me, the tractor was a work horse rather than a restoration project and I was always fearful of a major mechanical problem that would reduce it to scrap. I have not got the skills and tools to take on anything major so selling whist it was operational was the best option.One thing I found was that the market is very hard now for old tractors and like, it seems that demand for all collectors items has fallen as the older generation pass away. Thank you to the forum for all the help I have had over the years I owned my tractor from 1995. Brian was brilliant helping me sort out a lift cover problem and kindly let me visit him in Norfolk to sort it.

I will still pop in and have a read as it is always interesting to read the posts and who knows my experiences might help someone?

Thanks all

DWD