first post $200 super dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
keeny
Not Quite Blue Yet

first post $200 super dexta

Post by keeny »

Hi every one .
The ID information s/n 09c914329 Pump no P4696 so I am thinking that it is a New Performance Super Dexta. Any thoughts?
I have it running but it pumps out heaps of white smoke on start up. The smoke does clear but the exhaust is still some what fumy. Oil also bubbles out of the dip stick hole . The oil level is correct. The oil pressure light does not go out even when the tractor is hot. Neither does the gen. light.
Any way I was using the tractor to shift around some logs and it just slowly ran down and stopped. Would not start again turns over good blows smoke out the exhaust but wont catch. So on investigation the tap in the fuel tank slightly blocked fixed still wont start. Lift pump is leaking maybe the issue ? I next took the rocker cover off to see if had a stuck valve, they are all good ,took the injectors out and turned the engine over the front injector pipe has no fuel coming out , the other 2 do good spurts as the engine is turned over
Next weekend I will see if the slide in the pump is free and will let you all no what the result is.
Cheers for now :D

MikesDexta
True Blue

Re: first post $200 super dexta

Post by MikesDexta »

Hi and welcome :beer:

You've clearly got several issues going on, fuel starvation being the main one. Have you tried swapping the 'no fuel' injector with one that looks ok? This would prove if it's the injector otherwise an air lock in the feed but may be a faulty injector pump. It sounds like you need a lift pump overhaul kit.

Oil bubbling from the dipstick sounds like pressure build up in the crank caused by worn rings. The oil light not going out may be as simple as the oil pressure switch being faulty (easy to test and a common fault) or a failed oil pump. I'm afraid to say that I had oil bubbling from the dipstick and it needed an engine overhaul '(new head as valves and seats shot to hell, new pistons, rings and liners). crank was found to be ok.

good luck and keep us posted on progress (pictures are very welcome), we've all been there!

Mike
1959 Dexta
I'm not retired just re-deployed