Dexta injectors.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Re: Dexta injectors.

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi I'm back! Eventually I got my injector back from the injector serviceman. Before I could test the injector I had to refit my injector pump which I had thought had an oil leak from the accelarator shaft between the pump and the block. What a pain to remove and replace the pump fortunately it was not the first time, and at the same time keeping the timing marks on the pump in line. After bleeding the pump etc. I attemted to start the tractor but just white smoke coming out of the exhaust but no go. I was convinced that it was the timing but thought just recheck for air, then tried again nothing. By then I was :curse: so went off to bed and the next morning removed the pump again and lo and behold the timing was way out. What I did not mention is that while the pump was on the bench there was no oil leak anyware. Cut a long story short while putting the pump back I held the gear with a screw driver through the little window opening to keep the timing line right, enventually got it spot on :clap: Connected all the pipes and made an attempt to start the tractor. Well I felt very proud of myself as I had not heard the tractor run so sweetly. :D
Gerald I must thank you very much again for those injectors. :beer:
Regards Mervyn.

hojoos
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Dexta injectors.

Post by hojoos »

I did call him about 45 minutes ago and he tells me they are as is all rusty and aweful, I was tempted to buy them and hopefully make up three good ones from my old ones and those. Unfortunately to import them to me is unaffordable.