Double Clutch setting

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Emiel
True Blue

Double Clutch setting

Post by Emiel »

Hello,

I'm having difficulties setting the double clutch of our Dexta.

I've adjusted the free travel of the pedal by means of the control bolt on the little lever on the clutch housing to approx 3/4".

Now I can not unscrew the yoke far enough to be fitted to the last hole. I can allready clutch out the pto in the front hole setting.

I have two questions:
1 How high should the clutch pedal be above footboard in standard situation
2 How long is the connection rod usually between the clutch pedal and the little lever on the clutch housing.

I think somebody has messed around with the connecting rod.

Best regards and thanks in advance,

Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello all,

I've been fiddling around with the settings last week and still have not a satisfactory setting obtained.

The clutch rod is attached in the front hole, and unscrewed as much as possible. Then the clutch pedal is very high up and the PTO clutch goes out, befor I'm near the footplate.

Is it the good to assume that the transmission drive plate is almost completely worn and the pto disk not? Or are the internal settings maybe incorrect?

Best regards

Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Barford
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Barford »

Hello Emiel,
If you are still looking for answers to your problem, I had the same difficulty setting my clutch recently.
I replaced the pedal bush to reduce free play at that end. I then set the adjusting screw to give the 32mm free play at the pedal, as described in the Instruction Book. I moved the clevis pin to the "live power" position and adjusted the rod length so that the clutch was fully disengaged with the pedal on the footplate. I then put the pin back in the first hole and checked that the drive clutch was fully disengaged when the pedal 'hit the floor'. Minor adjustment was necessary.
Finished rod length is 835mm, pin to pin.
Hope this helps,
Barford