Advisory stickers

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
BarryT
True Blue

Advisory stickers

Post by BarryT »

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me whether the Dexta had any stickers when delivered new. I mean advisory stickers such as instructions on air cleaner/filter, any instructions on the hydraulics, starting instructions etc etc.

I see such stickers on sale at most tractor shows and I know the MF tractors had these on when new. Another question, did the Dexta ever have the gear positions marked on the gear lever knob?? as I have got myself an original Fordson Dexta Instruction book from ebay, this book was printed by the Ford Motor Company in October 1957 at the most expensive price of 3 shillings (15p) (but the postage was free) there is an illustration in the book showing such a gear lever knob??.

This one's for Brian!! on the front cover of this book is a photo of the Major and Dexta side by side depicting "The Major Gets a Workmate" slogan used at the time. The major has blue grills and the Dexta has orange grills???

Regards,

BarryT

Mike Kuscher
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Mike Kuscher »

Oh Barry !,

I know the welsh coastguard have a reputation for being tough but, are you really looking for a fight?

Assume the orange is a printing error, or the printer couldn't reproduce silver (he's getting very Grumpy) :P

Mike
Nobody is perfect and I want to be a Nobody.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

ARTIST IMPRESSION ALERT!!!

I have just been to the Van Gogh exibition and seen Colours of the Night. He used colours that are not seen in real life too!!

AS you are so much of a stirrer Barry, I won't tell you that original knobs had the gears marked on but later ones did not. Ford thought the drivers would have learned by then. :twisted:

I must admit, things here are confusing. All my vehicles have different gear positions. The Rover is now auto and reverse is before neutral and drive, I drive Ann's Cougar and expect it to change gear itself, then I have Henrietta and Harriet with reverse to the right and back, Nuffy with reverse to the left and forward and Dotty with reverse to the left and back. Then I drive Colin's 4610 with reverse between high and Low on a seperate stick.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

alang
True Blue

Post by alang »

Brian,
In defending yourself on the Orange question, perhaps aligning yourself with Van Gogh may have been a mistake - he was MAD :yikes: .

Cheers
Alan

BarryT
True Blue

Post by BarryT »

Hi all,

I do like to stir things up a bit when it's fairly quiet, all in good fun though.

Perhaps I might live to regret it if Brian sees me in the Shrewsbury show next month.

Regards,

Barry