Plough for Super Dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Ambidextarous
True Blue

Plough for Super Dexta

Post by Ambidextarous »

Brian, re. your reply to a post asking for a suitable plough for a Super Dexta, you said it's possible to pull a three furrow, but would a three furrow be asking too much of the tractor?

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Depends on the plough. Some of the Fergy ploughs go up to four furrows for the TE20. a tractor with far less power than the Super Dexta. Some people used to pull Ransomes TS82 two furrow reversibles with them too.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bensdexta
True Blue

3 Furrow Robin

Post by Bensdexta »

We pull a 3 furrow Robin (TS54A) with Epic bodies behind a standard Dexta with no problems, but our soil is a light mineral loam. We don't need scimmers. So I guess it depends upon your soil, :wink:
All the best,
Ben

Ambidextarous
True Blue

Post by Ambidextarous »

Thanks chaps, there's a TS90 on Ebay and it's just down the road at Grantham. Thought i'd get some advice before bidding.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Think you may be asking a bit too much with a TS90. These were built for the '000nd series tractors and called the "New Theme". They were built longer and had more clearance which means the weight was further back. It could be too much for the Super Dexta lift.

I would have thought you would be better with a TS59 or better still a TS1013 both of which could be three furrow. The TS1013 was built as a three furrow for the Dexta.

An earlier Ford PM plough would also be OK. These were built for the early Majors and come with up to five furrows. Three furrow versions are quite common, they use EPIC bodies too so parts are available.
Last edited by Brian on Wed May 27, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Just checked E-Bay. There are two on there around your area both look to have SCN bodies and SN skims. That would be a load for a 70 to 80hp tractor so a Super Dexta would be struggling.
Brian

Ambidextarous
True Blue

Post by Ambidextarous »

I;ll tell you what Brian, you're pretty useful to this site, you don't half know your stuff :D :D