tractor mower suitable for lawn

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
WayneB
True Blue

Re: RM-990 3PL Finish Mower

Post by WayneB »

YES, the exact mower. By that definition/description, I guess mine has six blades. It has three spindles, three stump jumpers and six blades.

Ironically, I am going to buy a new one-SOMEDAY. I really like the design. This one must have more than 10,000 hours on it. I picked it up in pieces, with a new gear-box. They did not know how to put it together, and I found it for a steal. The new gearbox was an across the board Woods warranty item (Lifetime). I have put new bearings in the wheels. But it was abused. It was used by a contractor to mow Highway 50 from MD border down to DC, ran everyday for over10 years. It was a bucket of parts when I got it.
However: if my spindles get worn out and they need rebuilt, I can buy a new unit cheaper than I can re-new this one. My tires literally are worn down. I looked a a new one and WOW was all I could say comparing it to mine.
These are amazing units. Once back together, Other than new belts and a replacement blade here and there, it has been problem free. Amazingly heavy duty. Weighs about 1000 lbs. The Dextas will turn on a dime by lifting the RM-990.

[/quote]Wayne,
Is this the beasty? http://www.colemanequip.com/Attachment.asp?AID=153 (exc this one has 6 blades?)
All the best,[/quote]
Tractor poor, 59 Dexta, 61 & (3) 62 SuperDexta-s, 68 4000 Ford 4x4, 81 Ford 1100 4x4, 55-HD5G AC Crawler Loader, 1951 CAT D6 9U, 1967 160B Dynahoe backhoe and now a toy JD 850 4x4 loader compact.

fenhayman
True Blue

Post by fenhayman »

Ben, My topper is a Big-Bee Agri-Seventy Two, 6 feet wide. Will cut down to 2 inches and up to about 10. Is shear bolt protected but stones will blunt the blade. I roll every year to keep stones down but I don't have any rocky outcrops which would damage it. You can find them on google. Use a Super Major on mine, drives with ease. There are smaller models available.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

fenhayman wrote:Ben, My topper is a Big-Bee Agri-Seventy Two, 6 feet wide. Will cut down to 2 inches and up to about 10. Is shear bolt protected but stones will blunt the blade. I roll every year to keep stones down but I don't have any rocky outcrops which would damage it. You can find them on google. Use a Super Major on mine, drives with ease. There are smaller models available.
Many thanks for the info. US kit - I wonder if they have UK agents?
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

fenhayman
True Blue

Post by fenhayman »

Bensdexta. The main agents appear to be Phennicus at Huntingdon but I bought mine new from a local dealer. Some on e-bay