Getting my tractor registered/log book

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
Woodystock
Not Quite Blue Yet

Getting my tractor registered/log book

Post by Woodystock »

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone on here could help me find out information about getting my tractor road registered .
I've looked on google but it's very confusing.
It's a ford 333 highway tractor, apparently exactly the same as a 3600. we are struggling to even age it!!
My father and I are restoring it, we only acquired it recently, and unfortunately we are having to split it as the pto clutch is worn.
Good experience though! I will put some pics on here if anyone would be interested in it!
Thanks for reading!
Any help would be great.
Chris

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Getting my tractor registered/log book

Post by Brian »

Chris, if you go to the Wiki on this forum from either the main page or some of the headings, you will need the pass words "fordsontractorpages" and "dotty". There you will find an article on dating your tractor with all the positions of the relevant codes and how to interpret them. Check them out and get back.

I do some work for the DVLA and the police on dating and identifying Ford and Fordson tractors but would advise you go to the Ford and Fordson Club of England, Pat Pawsey, for the actual form filling. I did the work myself for mine and they checked it for me and identified areas where I had made errors. Many members on here have done their own with no help too.

I would advise taking many pictures of the numbers and their location and of the tractor itself. I took pictures of Dotty at work to the local office and they accepted them as proof that it was indeed a tractor I was registering.

I have just been "helping the police with their enquiries" over a tractor that, when the owner tried to get a V5 and licence, found his numbers were already registered in the DVLA on something else.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Woodystock
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Woodystock »

Ah brilliant, I will get onto that, thank you kindly for your reply!!
Regards,
Chris

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

I can recommend Grace Popplewell,
http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... f=7&t=5607
Hopefully DVLA is working better now.
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!