Ford 8100 Schindler Front Axle

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
billgatt
Not Quite Blue Yet

Ford 8100 Schindler Front Axle

Post by billgatt »

Ford 8100 Schindler 4x4 Front Axle
I have a Ford 8100 with Schindler 4x4 front axle. I understand these are fairly rare which I guess makes finding spare parts rather difficult. The lower left wishbone ball joint has worn out. Im guessing due to lack of grease the bottom ball joint has seized and as a result the outer bearing ring has brocken up and then eaten into the wishbone casting . If i were able to have the wishbone casting repaired has anyone any idea where i could find a replacement ball joint? Im guessing others have experienced a similar problem and came up with their own solutions so any suggestions very welcome.
Thanks for now.
Bill

county654
True Blue

Re: Ford 8100 Schindler Front Axle

Post by county654 »

Hallo Bill,
as far as I am informed, the 8100 was converted by County.

Maybe the Osborne/County Company can give you some Support.
Regards Matthias

With County, you can ;-)

1959 Power Major
1961 County Super 4 drainagemachine
1963 Super Major
1964 NP Super Major 4x4
1966 County 654

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Schlindler have long since gone out of business, the last company that had anything to do with them was Farm Tractor Drives which was owned by Arthur Battelle. Nick owns Old Twenty Parts and may be able to help. Osbournes may be able to help but also try Roadless Tractor Spares. Roadless supplied a number of Schlindler kits to fit to Ford tractors.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

billgatt
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by billgatt »

I made contact with Platts Harris - Darley Dale today who are a New Holland dealership and according to the guy I talked with he thinks the parts are still available but I need to contact him again in the new year. Of course there will still be some welding and machining still to do once I lay my hands on a new bearing but does sound promising. Thanks for all the help and advice offered.
Bill