E1ADKN Petrol/TVO (Kero) Engine Kit

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
Tractorbob3
True Blue

E1ADKN Petrol/TVO (Kero) Engine Kit

Post by Tractorbob3 »

Please can anyone suggest where I might be able to get an overhaul kit for a 1952 E1ADKN? Pistons/liners/rings seem to be the challenge as other stuff is the same as diesel versions (I'm told). So a full kit or just the pistons etc., would do the trick. Any assistance/advice/supplier name would be much appreciated, anywhere in the world. Katy is too good to scrap, but her heart needs an overhaul! Thanks, guys ...
Regards - Bob

1961 Super Major

Emiel
True Blue

Re: E1ADKN Petrol/TVO (Kero) Engine Kit

Post by Emiel »

Hi,

Rings and liners are the same as the diesel ones. Only piston is different.

Fit new liners to you old pistons is the only way to go. Don't think you'll get new pistons.

Regards
Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Tractorbob3
True Blue

Post by Tractorbob3 »

Thanks, Emiel. I hope to have the pistons out next week and will be able to see if they can be re-used. Since I made the post, I have been able to locate some new (but oversize) replacements from a supplier, but the cost of these (including a need to machine out new liners so that they will fit) makes them a very expensive solution to the problem. I will just have to see what can be done. Thanks again for your advice.
Regards - Bob

1961 Super Major

Tractorbob3
True Blue

Post by Tractorbob3 »

Timing cover now removed and discovered teeth stripped from two of the gears. Just a step too far for the value of the tractor and my pocket. If you need bits for a 1952 E1ADKN (or a complete and restored tractor but in need of a heart transplant) - keep an eye on Ebay in a couple of weeks ... RIP Katy. :cry:
Regards - Bob

1961 Super Major

shergar
True Blue

Post by shergar »

aye up bob

don't give up, mine is in worse condition than yours , i would try and source some timing gears and do full heart surgery .

regards Wayne
i love driving tractors me!

Tractorbob3
True Blue

Post by Tractorbob3 »

Thanks Wayne ... not an easy decision to reach in some ways, but I've already spent a fortune on the original restoration and the cost I'm facing now is just not manageable. I've had more than 10 years of fun with her, so I'm not complaining. Either someone else can bring her back to life or she'll keep a few others running with donor parts. As it turned out, the pistons are fine, so I was on a high thinking the repair costs would be within reach, but 'twas not to be. Thanks again ....
Regards - Bob

1961 Super Major