For sale in Holland

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

For sale in Holland

Post by henk »

Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Now that is a proper Roadless 6 cylinder!

There were very few built and really it should be painted green with yellow wheels and cast work.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk

Post by henk »

The owner says that the rear wheels are with a different size and therefore the front drive axle is removed.
The bidding is now on 6000 euros. He's asking 10000 euros. A lot of money but then you will have something special.
According to the book Roadless from Stuart Gibbard, the first few were delivered in a Green yellow scheme but because the green would come of the bleu paint they looked a bit shabby after some time. So they went over to Bleu and Grey but at the end some were painted green again.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

And some came with gray bonnet. Looks to be in good shape.
To remove the 4wd just for the wrong tires?? It could be needed when stuck some times and the wrong ratio would not matter then.

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

It lookes nice to me but I find it a bit strange that the axel is removed, As I look at mine the front wheels are to small and not the rear to big.

Color is right for the european export iff they went to america hey should be grey with blue
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

As I see it the rear wheels are to big and the front wheels are the right size but the wheel center plates are not the ones Roadless uses. They are the Selene wheels. The sleering lever on the side of the steering gear seems a little odd. And one wheel nut is missing.

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

Looks like the rear wheels are off a later machine as got 6 wheel weight bolt holes, seems odd the extra traction from slightly larger tyres would be somewhat offset by the loss of front wheel drive. I think it was common to find 38 rather than 36inch rims on the back of the 6/4 machines and corresponding larger tyres on the front.
I suspect the front prop has disintegrated at some point as the sliding joint is prone to wearing out or driveshafts given up the ghost if slip clutch had been messed with especially with a 6 cylinder. You can bet it has earned its keep over the years!
Shame its not in the UK as a 6/4 was the tractor I had my heart set on for years, but the last one to sell at Ely a couple of years back in ex farm condition made 15k so had to settle for a 4 cylinder instead!

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

It's also possible the 4 wd driveshaft has been removed because it is broken from having the wrong size tyres on it.
Nice tractor though.
Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

Its sold and going back to the UK
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey