Pretty neat potato digger

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
Mark
True Blue

Pretty neat potato digger

Post by Mark »

I found this potato digger for small gardeners, and thought you all might want to have a look see.

http://www.wnep.com/wnep-col-potato-pic ... 4894.story
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Mark,

Its a bit like the wheel, I had something like that on my BMB forty years ago and that got all the potatoes on the top. Now-a-days the problem is getting down to pick them up :cry:

My harvester at least allows you to work at waist height to fill the sacks. :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

Brian,
what was your digger like on your BMB as i want to make one for mine and they dont show one in the BMB manual.

Regards
James

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

It was like a balking plow with a flat share about 5" wide, with bars instead of mouldboards. The share pulled into the ground and the soil moved up the bars,dropping through them and leaving the potatoes on top. Worked really well. So well that I lent it to a work colleague 45 years ago and he still has not returned it. :shock:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

Thanks Brian,
i will make one up, i have a old baulker some were so i will modify that.

Regards
James

Super Major
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Super Major »

Hello to all, not so long ago, built farm tools, I had built one similar to that of the video as evidence, but in my land I can not use it (because it's too hard) so I continued to build as the previous ones, so here photo: