which plough

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
chriss
True Blue

which plough

Post by chriss »

I hope to take part in my first working weekend 7-8 march in aid of motor nurone desease but need something to go behind rusty, there is a ransomes ts 82 reversible plough for sale near me my question is would this be ok for a 55 major, I hope this will be the first of many working weekends

fenhayman
True Blue

Re: which plough

Post by fenhayman »

Chriss, unless you are a ploughman, I would avoid a reversible for 'fun ploughing'. They take a lot of setting up and are difficult to work with when worn. Also plenty heavy enough for your tractor, front will be very light when on the road and any steering problems exaggerated.
But if you do buy it I might come and suppprt the event as a spectator. Is it public?

chriss
True Blue

Post by chriss »

Never ploughed before but keen to have a go but not match ploughing more working weekend stuff. The one I'm hopefully going to everyone welcome been told there's 60acres to go at its near spalding

fenhayman
True Blue

Post by fenhayman »

Chriss have you got a postcode or location for the ploughing.

chriss
True Blue

Post by chriss »

Grants farm stone gate spalding marsh pe126hq Ps. Didn't buy the plough

chriss
True Blue

Post by chriss »

Ransomes.pm2 IMG just can't get pic from ipad :cry:

chriss
True Blue

Post by chriss »

[image][/img]Image. At. Last youngest daughter Christine at our first ever ploughing event today rusty with a ransomes pm2

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

Hello Chris
Your daughter is doing a wonderful job. The plough/tractor combination looks perfect too. I expect you all had a most enjoyable day. I haven't done a lot of ploughing, but of the jobs that I do with my Major, all of which I enjoy, ploughing is my favourite. The Major just seems in its element when turning the soil. As your first outing with the plough, how would you rate ploughing compared with saw benching, etc?
Best, Adrian. :thumbs:

chriss
True Blue

Post by chriss »

Hi Adrian we both really enjoyed the ploughing very much and for the first time everyone said it was a good effort though matching up to the next plot was a bit of a disaster.but by then everyone had moved across the field, had a lot of help to get started looking forward to the next time and the weekend raised £1600 for the moulten and spalding motor neurone disease charity :clap:

fenhayman
True Blue

Post by fenhayman »

Well done. Doing a super job.

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Indeed a great job. She is ploughing like she has never done anything else. Talking about the tractor and the girl.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I