Belt dimensions for Fergie Cordwood Saw (ALE-A20)

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
Chris Ivin
True Blue

Belt dimensions for Fergie Cordwood Saw (ALE-A20)

Post by Chris Ivin »

Can anyone let me have the dimensions of the flat belt to run the later model of Fergie Cordwood saw (ALE-A20) :?: I have got to get one made up and the dimesions are not given for the later model in the information that I have.

Many Thanks,
Chris

Brailes, UK

"Dexta's rule the World!"

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

I have found the following company to be very helpful for belting etc. But it isn't cheap!

http://acbelting.co.uk

Gerald

Huzey
True Blue

Post by Huzey »

Tubal Cain wrote:I have found the following company to be very helpful for belting etc. But it isn't cheap!

http://acbelting.co.uk

Gerald
I second that. Done quite a lot of business with them, and they are always very helpfull. Lovely people to deal with, and local to me as well. :)
Huzey

Chris Ivin
True Blue

Post by Chris Ivin »

Thanks for your suggestions of a belt supplier, this is useful as they are local to me also.

I am still trying to find out the belt length and width that I need to order. I am guessing that it would be 4 inch belt, I will be able to work out the length once I get the saw together again but it would be good to know what was originally specified.
Chris

Brailes, UK

Chris Ivin
True Blue

Post by Chris Ivin »

Thanks for your recommendations Gerald and Huzey,

I have just ordered a belt from AC Belting, they were very helpful and knew the dimensions of the belt for my saw. Although not cheap they were a third of the price of another company that I tried!!!

Should get the belt on Friday hopefuly, so wood cutting on Saturday? We could do with the logs as we have burnt a lot recently in this cold snap.
Chris

Brailes, UK

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Post by Jerry Coles »

Hi Chris
Did you see my post under Dexta about my Dexta and a Fergy cordwood saw.
I found that the original Fergy belt dimension would not give me any slack when lifting up the saw bench. The belt I have is a rubber one and though it runs fine I would feel comfortable if the tension was released when lifted.
any thoughts?
Take a look at the damage my pulley suffered too!
Regards
Jerry
Camerton
Bath
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's

Chris Ivin
True Blue

Post by Chris Ivin »

Hi Jerry,

This may be a silly question but are you attaching the top attachment bracket to the belt pulley?

If you have attached it to the top link of the tractor it will not slacken when you lift the saw bench. It may also be the reason the pulley fowled with the lift arm.
Chris

Brailes, UK