Light duty cooke winch

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
Smokeyjoe
Not Quite Blue Yet

Light duty cooke winch

Post by Smokeyjoe »

Hi,

I am trying to fit a light duty cooke winch to one of my majors, but as they are pretty rare I am struggling to find any information about it. When I bought it it had been butchered and fitted to a 3pl frame, but I am trying to put it back to original.

It fits between the lift arms, and has a short chain drive from the pto to a sprocket on the winch. You are supposed to be able to use the 3pl with it fitted. It bolts on the 4 holes on the back end below the top link bracket, but it appears to have had brackets gassed off that would go down the side of the back end, but I can only imagine they would bolt on the trumpet housings??

It is also missing the sprockets and chain, so I don't know what the pitch should be.

Otherwise it's pretty complete, including the maker's badge. I have only seen one picture of one in the FM miscellany 2, so would appreciate any information at all!

Thanks,

Joe