The snow in our yard in Canada

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
super6954
True Blue

The snow in our yard in Canada

Post by super6954 »

Hi guys
Well it's finally warmed up a bit in Minto, Manitoba, so I went out and took some pictures of our abnormal amount of snow fall this year. Ive been in Canada 10 years and never seen it This bad. and yes all the tractors do have the correct anti freeze in them It' hits -40oc and below here pretty often :wink: .
Well I hope you enjoy the view :)
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

john.n
True Blue

Re: The snow in our yard in Canada

Post by john.n »

The lesser spotted Burrowing fordson!

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

That's a lot of snow. Brrrrr. And a lot of Fordson. You should of closed the coat on that one major. He might cach a cold this way.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

frode
True Blue

Post by frode »

I like it! Looks like home :) We have the same amount in Norway. Not so cold though. I havent seen more than -28c when going to work in the morning :)

The gm 6.5 td will not start if the heater havent been plugged in :)
frode

1957 County MarkIV Crawler
1964 County Super-4
1967 County 654
1977 County 7600-FOUR

Kim
True Blue

Post by Kim »

A little more than we had in New England but not much. I agree its the most I've seen here in my 60+ years and it hit minus 16F twice. I burned 20% more wood than usual this winter but at last, the snow is going fast. Time to start cutting for NEXT winter! Happy spring to all!!!
Never give up!

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

henk wrote:That's a lot of snow. Brrrrr. And a lot of Fordson. You should of closed the coat on that one major. He might cach a cold this way.
Hi Henk Thats not all the tractors I cant get them all in one picture theres another further back and one sitting in the garage plus the E27n in my other post on that board. the one with the coat open has got a cold and was sneezing as I took the picture :wink: :lol:

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Kim wrote:A little more than we had in New England but not much. I agree its the most I've seen here in my 60+ years and it hit minus 16F twice. I burned 20% more wood than usual this winter but at last, the snow is going fast. Time to start cutting for NEXT winter! Happy spring to all!!!
Minus 16 thats jeans and tee shirt weather with us :wink: yeah I hear you on the wood we are running short as well ,still another 2 months maybe to go as well. dad asked the other day if we could put a saw bench on the front of a Major. he hates cutting logs with the chainsaw.
so I guess thats a workshop project for the summer. Be nice to do it and use one of the old girls a bit more than cutting grass :)

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Kim wrote:A little more than we had in New England but not much. I agree its the most I've seen here in my 60+ years and it hit minus 16F twice. I burned 20% more wood than usual this winter but at last, the snow is going fast. Time to start cutting for NEXT winter! Happy spring to all!!!
We had Ice here. It stuck to everything about 2" Thick. Brought down a lot of trees, branches, power lines, and poles. It broke one pole off right here in my yard and I am still not connected to the main grid. Still making electric power with the Fordson Power Major. If any of you fellows get to a farm auction and are able to buy a PTO generator reasonable, it is really the way to go in a power outage. My unit sells for about $4.000 US new. I picked it up used for $1,500 US. 35KWContinuous/ 50KW Surge. The nice thing is that if need be, you can use furnace oil in the tractor to keep things running in a power outage emergancy. These units will more than power the whole house and is safe for electronics like circut boards and computors and such. Wrenching on stuff for many years, I have never had a lot of faith in 1 cylinder gas powered job site generators. First, If the local petrol/gasoline station is out of power, they cannot pump gas for you. Second, I cannot tell you how many people buy a generator for a power outage and then put it away for a few years and then when they need it, it won't run because of old fuel and a gumed up carburetor. Also, most of these small units are not safe for electronic equipment and will not power a lot to begin with. Better off to spend your money on something reliable like this PTO unit. It can be put away for years, pulled out, hooked up and plugged in at any given time for reliable stand by power. Dandy Dave!

Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major