Different Blue - Ransomes MG2 Crawler

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.

Different Blue - Ransomes MG2 Crawler

Postby oehrick » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:25 pm

OEH Towers has become the temporary home for a friends newly acquired Ransomes 'FrankenCrawler' an MG2 which has been very nicely fitted with a rare Petter PAV4 aircooled engine and hydraulic drive. It is so not Ransomes looking it is 'right' if you know what I mean, currently suffering from a steering brake problem, I wondered if anyone on here had a digitised MG2 manual they would be prepared to share ?? (or know where I can find one online - I've looked hard and the nearest found is for an MG5 - don't know how different they were.

Its not True Blue but Nacton / Orwell blue (and military green for the engine !) I'm looking forward to having some fun with it and maybe haul out some timber inaccessible to the Major if I can get it to steer properly.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes
oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Different Blue - Ransomes MG2 Crawler

Postby Emiel » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Hi Rick,

Any pictures perhaps? Sounds like a nice machine.

rgds
Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1936, E27N 1948, 8N 1948, E27N 1950, E1ADKN 1956, Dexta 1959/60, NH Clayson M103 1964
Emiel
True Blue

Re: Different Blue - Ransomes MG2 Crawler

Postby oehrick » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:52 am

It is certainly 'different' Emiel, I'll try and get a pic when next he is over and has the cover off - it has been nicely done, oil tank at rear with a hole through it for the starting handle. then engine, then seat at the front over the gearbox. it has plenty of power but not much steering so that will be the first thing for him to address, not a usual one for me as I tend to 'take over' and while it is living here for a while it isn't mine, thought about a couple of davits on the back of my Major so I could carry it like a lifeboat :clap:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes
oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Return to Miscellaneous topics