Downloading Manuals

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Mike Kuscher
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Downloading Manuals

Post by Mike Kuscher »

Hello Friends,

Just a quick word about manual dowloads.
As most of you know, I'm trying to 'host' the downloads from home.
I make no apologies for the slow speed, because that is what my IP restricts it to.
However, I'm asking for your understanding. :(

You will probably have noticed that I'm not 'on-site' as much as I have been.
Currently, I'm under severe pressure with work, away from home, since begining of May until at least end of September, so I can't look after the 'server' as much as I'd like to.

For some time, there has been evidence of 'individuals' repeatedly downloading the same manuals again and again.
Tonight, I found that someone had 'hacked in' and redirected the site to their own control.
This meant that all of you, and even me, could not get in remotely.
They had reserved access for just themselves and I don't know for how long this has been the case (no longer than 5 days).
It's amazing what some people will do to make money the easy way :evil:

I have corrected the problem, so you should now have no trouble until they try again (as I am sure they will).
If therefore, you find access impossible, please wait until I can get to the sever and 'correct it' again (maximum 5 days wait).
Thanks for your understanding.

Meanwhile, a couple of 'tips' you may find helpful.
1) If you have a download manager, you will find that you can download more than one manual at a time. I have put no restriction on multiple downloads.

2) If your download fails part way through then, if you are using a download manager, you will be able to resume where the last attempt failed, instead of starting all over again.

3) Google 'Free Download Manager' if you don't know what I'm talking about, you will like it.

Regards,
Mike
Nobody is perfect and I want to be a Nobody.