Way Off Topic

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Way Off Topic

Post by Brian »

Chaps,

Do any of our US friends have an interest in football? The British game not the other one you play over there, I think you call it soccer. One of our players was released by our local club, Norwich City, and is coming over to play for San Jose Earthquakes. He is a very good player and a great person who has done a lot for charity. Name of Darren Huckerby. Look after him :wink: He is a local hero in the football world.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Brian
At the risk of getting a lesson in sport, :? is'nt football and soccer the same thing??? both played with a round ball, have a goal keeper, soccer world cup????? etc, etc
Now that I might have stirred up a hornets nest, I will go and hide for a while, and check back later when you guys are all busy. :lol:
Now if we were talking about Rugby, All Blacks, Wallabys, etc
Kiwi Kev

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Kev,

Yes they are, but in the US they call football the game where they all dress up in lots of padding.

I will not make the usual joke about rugby being played by men with strange shaped balls :shock:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Brian
That was a pretty tame and polite reply :lol:
And yes, you have mentioned your strange shaped b**** before. :lol:
Kiwi Kev

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Kev,

Didn't think I would mention the rugby, our lot were an example of everything bad in the sport according to the press reports and their performance on the pitch was bad too!

Now the cricket! Thats another thing. We won the Test series but your chaps won the limited overs series. You have some very good players and a good captain.
Brian

David in Wales
True Blue

Post by David in Wales »

Those are "sissy games", if you want to see real sport watch the over-80's-nudist-leapfrog-team finals. :oops: :lol:
David

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

David

over-80's-nudist-leapfrog-team :yikes:

Kiwi Kev