Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
rscapriman
True Blue

Post by rscapriman »

Hi all, I am new to this site I have been on as a guest a few times and really enjoyed it. My father and I owned several E27N Majors in the past along with other tractors such as grey fergie, diesel and TVO Nuffield plus a Case LA sold all of these many years ago.
Recently got back into the tractor scene with an International 634 which we sold and now have a County 1004 pre force.
Regards Len.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Welcome Len,

You are in good company with the County. Miles is working on one and Sandy Mac has one although he also has one of those nasty wriggly things made by M-F around the same time. :shock:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

rscapriman
True Blue

Post by rscapriman »

Cheers Brian, which model do you own?
Regards Len.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I have just a small collection that need a little TLC at the moment.

An E1ADKN Major 1952, Super Major 1961, Petrol Dexta 1961, Nuffield 4/65 1968, TE 20 Ferguson around 1952, TE 20 Ferguson 1948.

Most of these are still working tractors.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

rscapriman
True Blue

Post by rscapriman »

Nice one Brian, I am a huge fan of old tractors in general but my blood has to be blue, the last place my father worked was a 2,500 acre farm in the cotwolds apart from a couple of grey fergies a MF 175 and a JD 1020 everything was Ford/Fordson inc 2 power majors, 1 super major, 1 super dexta, 1 NP super dexta, 2 pre force 4000's and a ploughmaster 65 when he started work there they then progessed to the ford force tractors 4000, 5000, 7000 ploughmaster 75, 7700, 8210, 8100, TW10 and others.
I have to say I would still like a power or super major to tinker with one day maybe.
Best wishes Len.

Mike Kuscher
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Mike Kuscher »

Oh Dear guys! What do we do now?
I'm in the process of charging about between Cork and Sunderland and having a 'tough time of it'.
I 'log on' this evening, to cheer me up and what do I find? :?

We all know about Henrietta and Super Sue.
We accept the existance of Nuffy.
A few months ago, he admitted to ONE of them...
NOW he's 'let it slip' he has TWO of the 'little grey menaces !!!! :yikes:

What do we do guys?
Suspend him for 10 minutes? :mrgreen:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Don't be silly Mike, you could not suspend me. Your not strong enough to lift me off the ground :D

P.S.
Don't forget that Nuffy was designed by the Harry Ferguson Design and Development organisation for BMC :twisted:
Brian

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

Hi Len,
Glad to hear that we have another County owner on the board. I have a County 1164 that I will start fixing, as soon as the wife deceides that I'm through working on the house. A friend at work just told me about a Super Six that's for sale. I just emailed the owner, but I haven't heard from him yet. I hope I'll be bringing that one home soon.
Anyway, welcome to the board.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

JC,

Go for it!! If it is the Super Major based Super Six with the prper County cowl that is one of the best looking tractors around. (IMHO)

You feel "King of the Road" sitting up high on the "Rest-O-Ride" seat and looking down that long grey bonnet as those big wheels speed along. OK on the straight but a bit on a bind on hairpin bends. :D
Brian

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Mike
Dont forget he admitted to doing that Mass** Ferg**** training course. :yikes:
Oscar, you really must be more careful :lol:
Kiwi Kev

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I also lectured on many courses about operating and getting the best from "Autotronic" and "Datatronic" control systems on M-F tractors and also many courses on the M-F combine range! :oops:

Byt I did not sleep with Mandy Rice-Davies or Christine Keeler. Does this go down on my credit side? (But I knew where they were staying, in hiding, when the Profumo scandle hit the headlines). :P
Brian

rscapriman
True Blue

Post by rscapriman »

JC wrote:Hi Len,
Glad to hear that we have another County owner on the board. I have a County 1164 that I will start fixing, as soon as the wife deceides that I'm through working on the house. A friend at work just told me about a Super Six that's for sale. I just emailed the owner, but I haven't heard from him yet. I hope I'll be bringing that one home soon.
Anyway, welcome to the board.
Hi JC, allways loved the county really wanted the grey/blue super six ( with the lights at the top of the grill) remember one working when I was a lad and a good friend of mine owns one and works it a bit even now, also know of another one which I found approx 5 miles from where I live minus the front axle is is running a regular front axle only turned out to be the very same tractor I saw working when I was a lad unbelievable!!! guy had no intention of selling it, have posted some pics of ours in the 1000 series part of the site.
Regards Len.

JC

Post by JC »

Brian and Len,
The one that I'm trying to get is just like you described. Its a blue and grey, Super Major-based one, with a County radiator cowl. I still haven't heard from the owner. I sure hope I get it.
I saw the pictures of your 1004, Len. Its a diamond in the rough, like my 1164, but yours is in better shape, none of the wheels have fallen off :shock: There's pictures of mine on the old BB, in the World Series section.