road run

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

road run

Post by henk »

Yesterday we had our annual road run.
It was a special one. We went across the Oosterscheldekering and another dam with about 85 tractors. These are well known dikes in the whole world. We had license to cross it. The beautiful weather and the clear sight made it very nice. Thanks to the holyday weekend there were lots of tourists.
If you want to see some picture! http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=OE4AFG88
I’m sure Brian and Ann will recognize the scenery on some of them.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Daves rusty bits
True Blue

Re: road run

Post by Daves rusty bits »

Enjoyed the pictures Henk, looks like a good day out. :beer: How far did you travel, it seems a long way? Dave
1960 Power Major, 1975 International 475 - well no ones perfect.

henk

Post by henk »

Dave,

The road run itself was about 65 km. To get there and back I had to travel about 50 km. So made about 115 km that day. Started at 8.00 h and was home about 18.00 h.
We drive at a speed of 15 km/h during the run. That's the maximum speed of the Allgaier tractor that rides at the front. So it seems slow, but with that scenery one is never bored.
Kind regards, Henk

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

How many blue babies?
Thanks for the pics. :beer:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Great pictures Henk and yes, we recognised the road :D That is one of our favorite runs! Some of the tractors look familiar too, could they have been at Meddo?

We are planning Pascal's visit. Henrietta will be staring at the Norfolk Show on a Ransomes trailed combine so we have a ticket for one day. We shall also be backwards and forwards to Newark, taking Dotty and then Henrietta to the show. The "spark ignition" display so far has a petrol 2000, 3000 and a New Performance Super Major alongside Dotty and Henrietta.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk

Post by henk »

Brian,

There were no tractors that have been to Meddo.
Seems you have a bussy time ahead, but should be a lot of fun.
Your dvd has arived and it works. Very nice pictures. In these old day's there were many people to watch the men ploughing.

Ben,
There were two Dexta's and my Major. Normaly there are a few more.
Kind regards, Henk

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Henk,

Great pictures with beautiful tractors and a beautiful environment. :clap:
I will visit Neeltje Jans next Monday, so I guess I will see part of the beautiful environment myself? 8)
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

henk

Post by henk »

Have a nice day and if you want to, and have time, your welcome for a cup of coffee. Just give a call.
Kind regards, Henk

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Glad the CD worked this time Henk. In the film "Smoke Signals", some of the scenes were shot at J.J.Wright and Sons, East Dereham. One of the old lorries that appears was still there when I joined in 1963. I took her out to collect a Weatherhill Loading shovel from a gravel pit. We were winching it on with the hand winch when I happened to look around and the front wheels of the lorry were about 1.5m off the ground!

We eventually got the shovel on board but as we left the pit entrance, she moved on the springs and went down low on one side and the spring was not strong enough to bring her back upright so we drove home with a bit of a lean> :mrgreen:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian