Tractor Show on Norfolk Showground.

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Tractor Show on Norfolk Showground.

Post by Brian »

Just a small ,selection of pictures . I managed to buy a lot of plough and cultivator parts too.

And a Stanley Steam Car which is for sale.

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Tractor Show on Norfolk Showground.

Post by oehrick »

Nice to see you both this aft - missed you on the way back as I got distracted by that tool & jumble stall chap trying to catch his stock as it blew off the table - didn't really need the milling cutters & slitting saws he made me buy but he reckoned as I'd caught and bled on them I had to :eyes:

Nice display of all makes and the usual thought provoking conversions and adaptions - I rather liked the E27N 'Doe' (perhaps it should be 'Prior' at this age skid units)

I'd not seen Roger Desborough's Garrett i/c tractor and couldn't find anyone who knew about it - any knowledge Brian, is this a genuine survivor, a 'restored around original gearknob', or a facsimile ??
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Nice show with some rare items.
What is this? Is it a car, is it a tractor?
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Rick

I only saw it in the ring, read about them but never seen one before. Only about 6 built and that one is the last survivor according to the comentory.

Henk,

That is a model T converted to a tractor, there were many similar conversions in the 1920's some were interchangable between a car and tractor. You went ploughing all week and took the wife and kids out on a Sunday. I could find out little about that one and I am not sure if it was an "Eros" conversion. The owner had only just bought it a few days before the show and could give little information about it. More pictures later.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Thanks Brian,

That is fewer built than the Suffolk Punch, their advanced steam tractor, one of which also survives and lives at Leiston Long Shop, (the very first purpose built production line vehicle factory in the world for those who may not have visited it) I guess it was built during the disastrous AGE amalgamation period which very few of the other associated firms survived and like the SP was probably light years ahead of the competition.

Glad you hauled some heavy metal home and confirmed what your mystery Fergie bit was :clap:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

henk wrote:Nice show with some rare items.
What is this? Is it a car, is it a tractor?
A Ford Model T, converted into a tractor?

Not a bad idea, I think, considering that the Fordson Model F hadn't been into production by the time it was introduced, but a top speed of 40-45 mph. (the top speed of a model t) on a tractor, back in the early 1900's, is a bit terrifying , don't you think?

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

A bit like the Ozzie tractors, work the land with em during the week and take the wife into town at the weekend to do the shopping (while the driver has the beers no doubt)

I've seen other conversions where the wheel hubs have a small pinion engaging in an internal annular gear on larger drive wheels giving a better ratio for traction - my understanding is tin Lizzies had a pretty high ratio even for roadwork
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Nice photos. Worked on my share of Tin Lizzy's. The radiator shell is from a 1926-27 as it is plated. These were common over here. I had a 1924 years ago. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

On our last Australia trip I met a board member, Ian Denton, from Clare who has two of the most magnificent Ford Model T's I have ever seen. One was his "courting" car back in the day and is painted up a strange variety of colours, the other is just out of this world, fully restored and nearly perfect in every detail. He and his wife drive it to shows dressed in 1920's clothes.

He also has all the tools for setting and testing the coil system used on these and the early tractors,
Brian

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Dandy Dave wrote:Nice photos. Worked on my share of Tin Lizzy's. The radiator shell is from a 1926-27 as it is plated. These were common over here. I had a 1924 years ago. Dandy Dave!
Hi Dave
if you have had one and worked on a few more your either pretty old or the warranty was well out :eyes: :run: :lol: .
There are a few dozen of those cars round shows in this area during the season, that are original or very close. I see the odd tractor conversion and there is a 4 door converted to a pick up also.
Seems like the T round here is just like old Deeres and some other color tractors. Lots of them still around. Sadly ford and fordson tractors aren't strong in this area at shows :cry:.
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

You need to buy some more then Robert :run:
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Or swap them - you seem to have plenty of those common old Hart-Parrs or Rumeley Oil-Pulls over that side, I'll swap my Major to even up the balance :clap: :clap:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Brian wrote:You need to buy some more then Robert :run:
Hi Brain
I got enough now to have my own section in a parade or show :wink: . I'm lacking finances to haul them around , or to restore some properly . I might sell 3 or 4 of the common ones as working tractors, to fund some of the rest this year. That being if i get time to re build and paint them up nice :idea: .
As for buying more I just stuck my hand up for another county to stop it getting exported when a guy was trying to buy it cheap and make a fortune doing it . when that arrives I got 15 fordsons from p6 & petrol E27n up to the 5000 super as it was badged here , and 2 954 county's .
Some guys say you can never have to many, But i was told flat out I have to many the yards apparently looking like a fordson retirement home. :eyes: :run: .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.