This weeks Blue Injection.

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: This weeks Blue Injection.

Post by Brian »

Could be a stuck thermostat, head gasket or just a blocked radiator. :buddies:

If you need a few more hints Rick, I will send you a few of the e-mail addresses that I delete each week from this site. I never knew I had so many sexy neighbors either. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Bob, being well lagged any day over 10C is warm for me so it doesn't take much to raise a sweat :wink: - it is not unknown for a search to return a proportion of unwarranted images as my main area of interest is stationary steam engines but for the several seconds I was trying to figure out what I had done daft :scratchhead: in the usually safe territory of tractors, my face must have been displaying what the family charitably refer to as my doofus look :oops:

Brian - I bet you have some rubbish to whittle out by hand :curse: , when my website was up and running it was bad enough dealing with the ever more inventive emails that came in - and that was a non interactive site !

For those who have not been involved in actually operating this sort of site there is an awful lot of behind the scenes work to keep it going that can't be left to automatics.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The hard bit is sorting the "good" from the "funnies" :cry: We are dealing with different languages from all over the world and there are some pretty inventive "handles" in the "good" that have to be looked at a couple of times. Anything with Fordson references is straight forward but names like "KenNY98" are a bit more of a problem.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Well, said it before thanks to you and the other admin folks for keeping our worldwide 'club' on the air and civilised :clap:

Our local farmer has a couple of New Hollands, one of which is suffering from severe paint peelng off its bonnet, have been looking for a few days to do something to it for him and a 'window' opened this weekend when he's not using it so we struggled the damn thing off between us this afternoon :cry: and its up on a horse in my yard having had a good scrub & wash down ready for a bit of abrasive treatment, masking (and if the weather stays OK) priming and topcoating - xcept I've to go to Attleborough tomorrow to pick up 8 foot of six inch sqr oak to prevent the village sign toppling onto someone or their motor next wind we have, Sunday is Model Engineer day at Forncett and the weather is not looking good..............
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

blackbob
True Blue

Post by blackbob »

I'll fuel up and set off now if you want, borer is on the tractor, should get there Sunday-ish :beer:

1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

That is a tremendously kind offer Bob and very much appreciated, however 'tis only the post that has rotted, the hole is in pretty good order so we will not need to order a spare, mind you, your auger would not be a lot of good, we would need a triangular auger as it is a square hole (and yours looks as though it is circular so only good for drilling round holes, oh the pints I've won proving you can drill a square hole :thumbs: )

Not only collected the post, which looks a nice bit of oak (and bless them they had even run through the planer) I had enough time and light after returning to go over the bonnet with the sander and mask up so got a coat of primer on as well - weather looking a bit unsettled so may have to re mask if the newspaper goes soggy but at least the rust and loose paint has gone and is covered up :)

Also had a stack of 2013 & 14 Ford and Fordson and some Classic Tractor comics left to have a look through, lack of beer apart, can life get any better ?? Plus the house is filled the the glorious smell of baking as SWMBO has just taken the Christmas cake out of the oven, now starts the feeding, any tail ends of spirits etc and if I can sneak it in some TVO and a bit of WD40 just to give that festive aroma on the day........... (Mince for pies was done a couple of weeks back, she likes to let them marinate!)

Have a good weekend each
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Ann has been making large pork pies for Christmas, trouble is they do not seem to last until then. We must have mice. :D :D :D
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Can you still get large pork your way ? all we see is the Euroaverage stuff here and the pies end up so small and mainly jelly ;)

Our pantry also seems to suffer from pre xmas quality control testing trouble if it is any consolation - mass mince pie casting is usually the next stage but they get frozen. I'm overdue getting a festive beer brew on the go, missed it entirely last year.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure