Pudsey Bear or Long John Silver

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Pudsey Bear or Long John Silver

Post by Brian »

Not been on the site much in the last few weeks and missed a lot of posts so thought I had better make my excuses.

In May this year I had a cataract operation on my left eye which went well and I now have 20/20 vision so I have been told. The surgeon who did the op noticed a small growth on my eyelid that was, she thought, a blocked sweat gland so asked if I wanted it removed. I had already asked my GP about it and was waiting nearly a year for a consultant to look at it but Miss Misra said she could get it looked at within a few weeks. I was stuck with one eye after the cataract op for a couple of weeks.

The appointment came through in June and I went in for a couple of hours and had the lump removed and all was well or so I thought but in September I got called back to be told that the lump was cancerous and more work had to be done or I would possibly loose my eye. This type of cancer is not life threatening rather life changing.

So this week I have had part of my eyelid removed and a hole dug in the corner of my eye. Not painful but it involves this large patch so I cannot see and with one eye, typing is difficult and I should not spend too much time looking down, lifting heavy weights, doing any form of work especially not on the land or workshop.

On Friday I was back into the theatre and had skin grafts but the good news is that the cancer is now all gone. So now the patch is back on until Monday, then its back to the surgeon on Wednesday to check everything is OK. After that I will have to have ointment put on the eye for the next fortnight every two hours throughout the day and packs of cold peas held on the side of my face every hour! :cry: :cry:

So I am now on the mend even if not fully functional yet. I cannot praise highly enough the treatment I have received from both my surgeons and all the staff of so many nationalities who have made life fun in their company. The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital Eye Department has my deepest thanks and admiration.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

blackbob
True Blue

Re: Pudsey Bear or Long John Silver

Post by blackbob »

I did wonder what had been occupying you lately - but then I found a photo of your wife, who has been looking after :wink: :wink: you:

Hope you are back to normal soon Brian :beer:
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Long John Silver on a tractor??????? :nono: :D :lol: :o :shock: :lol:

Glad to read all went well. Hope you recover soon and can enjoy the work with the tractors and the forum again.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the good wishes Chaps.

Bob, that is not a picture of my wife but it is an exact likeness of my dentist who also wears high black boots and speaks with a husky, middle European accent. I do not clean my teeth for a week before going to see her just so she scolds me! Not only does she look gorgeous but she has a great sense of humor and a fantastic personality. There is no problem getting me to go to the dentist. 8) 8)

Ann has had lots of practise administering eye drops in the last few months, she can even get them in my eye now! :D :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Its not LJS cos there's no parrot, but neither is there any sign of jaundice so Pudsey is out too - methinks Brian has been sniffing the brass polish again :D

Delighted to hear you are over the worst - bar the boring recovery bit, you need one of those cyclops fergies for a while, two headlights may cause confusion.

Rick

Now where do I find this dentist ? mine retired and I'm getting fed up doing me own fillings with the Dremel and 5 minute epoxy putty.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Just been pointed to this in response to a Swedish Tractor comment Brian,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yHl24Q ... e=youtu.be

Now, I've a spare 2.3 turbo in Father Jack - the 'rolling' chassis - there could be another petrol dexta if you know where there is a spare chassis :clap:

(when your eye is better)
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes