Seasons Greetings

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Seasons Greetings

Post by oehrick »

Thought it was about time to say thanks to the finest bunch of tractor chaps on the internet (any ladies out there ? we don't bite and try to keep our language decent), for your companiable, informative and amusing company on the forum during the year.

Here's wishing you, your loved ones (and even your families) all the best for Christmas, wherever and however you may celebrate it, along with health, wealth, happiness and no need for rare or expensive Fordson parts in 2017.

Rick - holidaying at Submerged-in-the-Swamp due to the tail end of Storm Barbara swishing past us ! (how has it been in blackbob land ??)
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Seasons Greetings

Post by Brian »

Nicely put Rick and the Compliments of the Season to you, yours and all our Fordson friend wherever in the World you might be.

I have just spent the afternoon making "Granny Dye's Extra Hot Horseradish Sauce" from a secret recipe handed down at my mothers bedside! It is for the Roast Beef Dinner tomorrow. I have tears streaming down my face!
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

blackbob
True Blue

Post by blackbob »

A little windy, but Storm Barbara had calmed down by the time she got over to the east side of Scotland, and she was more, just nagging rather than throwing furniture :lol:

As a relative newcomer to this forum I am still surprised by how much knowledge there is here about Fordsons, our Dear Leader is of course a walking encyclopaedia but it certainly isn't a one-man forum. And everyone is very friendly.

I hope Santa is good to us all; and I hope that we remember the Spirit of Christmas, peace and love to everyone :D
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

Brian wrote: I have tears streaming down my face!
Hopefully it's not one of the ingredients...

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Does a spoon in the mouth help like with onions Brian ?? don't see horseradish around here much so have not made it myself and even the Colmans stuff is a bit tepid and doesn't last long before going off these days. I shall be envious when I eventually sit down to mine tomorrow, but being a bit of Angus will help :D

I take it you also use it as a universal salve, sanitiser, decongestant, paint stripper, rust remover & weld dissolver too?

Have a good un all
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

Come to think of it, we could think of a slogan to go with the sauce!

How about "Brian Dye's Extra Hot Horseradish Sauce. So hot that it would put the Sun to shame."

or...

"Brian Dye's Extra Hot Horseradish Sauce. Try it, and you would look exactly like this. :curse: "

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Well the Sauce went down well and is extra hot this year. Even a bit about the size of a pea is enough to bring tears to your eyes and make your nose run like a water fall! :cry: :cry: :cry:

5000Y has some good names, I will have to see if I can get some labels done. The receipt is at least 100 years old passed down through the family. Have to confess I bought the horseradish roots from Morrisons this time although we usually dig our own.

The tear problem comes from the release of essential oils when you grate it. My mother used to use a hand grater and sit there with tears rolling down her face (or it could have been due to catching her fingers in the grater). :eyes: :eyes: I use a Moulinex Grater which is much quicker and does a lot in a short while. Hence the bad tears as there is a lot to get in the blender with the other ingredients.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Merry Christmas to all of you from Zeeland. Just had a nice diner at a small restaurant that tasted great.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Likewise from Bogside

Despite 'cooking horserubbish' sauce, ours was a super bit of meat - the girls tried one of Lidl's multi bird roasts which despite being wholly uncarveable (and yes having worked in the meat industry I know how to sharpen set and steel knives) tasted fine.

Santa has added Clares; Ransomes Tractor Share Ploughs, Andersons; 3 Decades of Marshall Tractors and Sanders; Earth & Tree Moving in War & Peace plus a few steam related titles to my library and I have a few tins of pipe weed (which will stop the need to burn shredded oily rags & cow muck for a while).

If it stays this warm tomorrow I can take my chair out into the engine shed for quiet smoking, reading and drinking - found a 4-5 year old barrel of cider which I thought had turned to vinegar hadn't :beer: All to music generated by one of Mr Fairbanks & Mr Morses finest and turning out 24 volts at a useful 16 amps so nightfall will not stop the enjoyment.

I may be gone some time :wink:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

blackbob
True Blue

Post by blackbob »

Who knew that Norfolk was such a hotbed of decadence and hedonism 8) strong wind, cloudy and a covering of snow here, an ideal day for curling up with a tractor mag and a warm woman - although she has gone to work, and left me with instructions to 'get on with renovating the bathroom' :eyes:
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Sounds like a 'planning phase' day Bob :wink:

Too damp for serious hedonism over here so to cope with the disappointment we just try to have fun - well it is a Banking House Holiday, and for my sins we go for lunch with the sister in law tomorrow...........

Wind has dropped but with a clear sky it looks like a cold one tonight.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

mathias1
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by mathias1 »

happy new year!!
first day of the fordson year 2017. :beer:
Fordson Super Major New Performance
County Super 4 built on the Fordson Super Major
Selene built on the Fordson Super Major New Performance with Silvant winch

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Reciprocated Mathias It has been a very wet start to the year here but with the wind heading to (rather than from) West we have not been overcome with the fumes of Brian's 'to Dye for' Horseradish Sauce ;)

Lets hope for a good 2017 around the World or at the least, let us get on with our tractors while everyone else does what they care about !
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

henk

Post by henk »

Happy New Ford-Fordson Year :beer:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I