transport insurance

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
farmer
Not Quite Blue Yet

transport insurance

Post by farmer »

Hi all, sorry this is not much about tractors but more about transporting my super major when I have finished restoring it !! :? . I have just bought a 1988 Leyland road runner 7 1/2 ton beavertail flatbed (private hgv class ) intending to use it for this job. I am currently trying to insure it so I can get it mot'd taxed and not sure quite which route to take . so I wonder if theres any fellow members out there that could give me some guidance please. Many thanks Farmer

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: transport insurance

Post by Brian »

Cannot help with the insurance side but the driving licence required keeps coming up in magazines and forums. A number of people are running foul of the law when going to shows and towing a caravan behind such a setup.

OK if you have an HGV licence and have regular medicals, but it gets very tight after the age of 70 or if you have injecting control of diabetes.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

farmer
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: transport insurance

Post by farmer »

Hi Brian, thanks for the warning , eventhough it has a drawbar on it I don't intend to tow with it . Regards Paul