This one is for Rick.

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

This one is for Rick.

Post by Brian »

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: This one is for Rick.

Post by oehrick »

Thanks Brian, not seen this clip before but.............

Seen the engine pulling before - probably the same pull from one of the UFO's seen in your clip - the pyrotechnics are very impressive, seems to be a common practice in the US after dark, to load up with brown coal or sawdust then blow it up the stack :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8dH853 ... e=youtu.be

another impressive nocturnal display at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgt54Kf7Qc4

Had the loan of one of those whistles for a while on my stationary boiler, it got well used at the 'over the hill' steam up I had on hitting 40, Bill Bird over the other side of Tunstead rang up to see if it was me bu%%ering about :D Unfortunately the whistle has now been returned to owner and at the prices you see them for on ebay, I'm not likely to get one of my own any time soon :(

They use the fan type dynamometer over there a lot and there are several clips of engines working hard 'on the brake' something not so often seen on rallyfields here.

Ta for the clip, nice Sunday morning treat :)
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Henrietta looks a bit like that when working hard at night.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Sounds like you should use a little less coal dust and more 28 sec when you mix up TVO Brian :shock:

I often wonder what those Irish Railways turf burning loco's looked like at night, Sentinels built an experimental turf fired steam wagon which is supposed to have lit up half the Horseshoe Pass on its test run - no known film unfortunately.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes