Something we need to clear up after Doris.

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Something we need to clear up after Doris.

Post by Brian »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pla06PO6Odk

It would be handy cutting my hedges too!
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Something we need to clear up after Doris.

Post by oehrick »

Dont let NRO or the Grid know, they left enough cr@p last time through, and NRO don't even pay wayleave :(

Anyhow, did you see what you missed in the right hand column Brian ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTCCdnKJPJY first clip, Empire Blue and Rotopeds............
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Do you know Rick, I have never seen a set of Rotopeds like that. Most of the ones I came across were packed with frozen mud and detritus! :cry: :cry:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

I can understand that Brian :) I'm always amazed that they lasted long enough to be worth the investment - the Boydell equivalent used on the likes of Burrell traction engines were notorious for fast wear.

They look like overkill for that Tarmac!
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I have mentioned before the customer we had at Necton who had his NP Super crown wheel changed every year to a low speed for winter ploughing and then back to a high speed for summer work, well she used to be on Rotopeds with a three furrow Lemken revesable plough all winter. I can remember going out after her and the County crawler on the field where they are now building the new sub-station for the North Sea cooling fans.

That is very heavy land, good for wheat growing but it was a struggle for those two to work. Funnily enough we never got any problems from the Supers back end when working on the Rotopeds.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Unlike modern 'designers' seem to imply, it doesn't always have to look good or right to work well I suppose Brian.

I've convinced more than one person who ought to know better that the 'fans' down on Eye airfield are to blow the smell of the chicken s%!t fired power station away from Suffolk and onto Norfolk :yikes: Any inside knowledge on that Adrian ??

Been chain sawing a route for the Major toward the pair of Chestnuts I want to drop before they leaf up again this afternoon, Im sure there are a lot more Spruce & Birch laying across it than there were last weekend.................

Major success on Friday, the random stopping of the Swedish Brick (which I thought I had cured before Xmas) struck again, pretty sure I've found and fixed it now - a badly crimped wire giving enough conduction to trick a multimeter but not pass 20 amps for the fuel pump - showed it how I crimp a wire!
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure