Does anyone know anything about David in Wales?

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David Ebro »

Hi

First of all I announce that after several difficult years, I return to the forum: I have suffered repeated thefts in my country house and even have stolen batteries and cables from tractors and these misfortunes have caused me to deviate from the world of tractors.

For several years I have written emails with "David in Wales" or "Dinas", but suddenly the communication was interrupted.

I remind them that I have a slight knowledge of English which allows me to use the online translator without too serious errors.

I also remind you that excellent Ebro tractors were built in my Barcelona under Fordson and MF patents, in full compliance with International Law and that these tractors are still working hard today.

I link you to my videos on Ebro-Fordson-MF tractors.

Bests Regards: David Ebro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mixRyQ3FfvA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBGk_zoBtAs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2NijXhOhtE
"A hymn to life the ploughs sing".
(From the tango "Silence" of Carlos Gardel).

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Does anyone know anything about David in Wales?

Post by oehrick »

Sorry to hear about your thefts and other problems David.

I don't know David in Wales, Dinas is an old Welsh place name which means something like 'a fortified place' sometimes a castle or sometimes just a higher place with steep approaches, there are many places including Dinas so you are unlikely to locate him by that alone.

Sorry not to be more help

I know about EBRO tractors, but REAL Fordsons were made in Dagenham or Basildon :wink:

Rick, as far East as you can get from Wales without getting wet
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David Ebro »

oehrick wrote:Sorry to hear about your thefts and other problems David.

I don't know David in Wales, Dinas is an old Welsh place name which means something like 'a fortified place' sometimes a castle or sometimes just a higher place with steep approaches, there are many places including Dinas so you are unlikely to locate him by that alone.

Sorry not to be more help

I know about EBRO tractors, but REAL Fordsons were made in Dagenham or Basildon :wink:

Rick, as far East as you can get from Wales without getting wet
Hello everyone

I thought David in Wales was a member of this forum: I searched for his name and found this:

"Fordson sold their Major production line after they quit producing them and the entire ... search function, and search for the user name David Ebro, you can find more info. He lives in Spain and owns some Ebros. David in Wales also posted a lot of info. on Ebro, but he usually" ...

by JC
Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Forum: Fordson New Major
Topic: EXOTIC EUROPEAN MAJOR
Replies: 4
Views: 1091

I disagree with your opinion: the Ebro tractors were built in my Barcelona under Fordson patents and Then MF, in full agreement with the International Laws: I ask you to check my articles in this forum.

The parts of the Fordson E1A and later are completely interchangeable and I have seen amazing mixtures.

In 2017 the Ebro-Fordson still have a solid reputation and for example a farmer in my region who cultivates hundreds of hectares, sows cereals with an Ebro E1A, and a fertilizer spreader "Vicon", called by my friend David in Wales , "The happy dog's tail", because this tractor consumes very little diesel fuel and its light weight does not compact the soil.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Hi David

My humourous comment perhaps did not come through the translating machine unscathed - I was 'pulling your leg' about EBRO since it is quite clear you are a dedicated follower - is/was your family connected with the business or just a coincidence of the name ?

The E1A was a wonderful design, mine was 'born' the same week I was and has been in the family since I was about 8 years old, never had a serious breakdown and still not worn out although probably needs an overhaul - not used full time but when needed and is due to pass down to my son when I am past needing it ;)

I joined this forum more recently than 2010 and do not remember Welsh David - if you can trace a post he made and get his user name you should be able to see when he was last active here from his profile.

All the best with keeping the EBRO brand famous

Rick
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David Ebro »

Hello Oeherick and everyone:

Do not worry: we are in this forum to share our love for the Fordsons.

Ebro is the name of the river that gives life to semi-desert regions. It is born near the Atlantic and ends in the Mediterranean.

Its name comes from the Iberians; Very civilized people before the invasion of the Romans. The Iberians shared the Iberian Peninsula with the Celts, mainly and there are still Celtic traditions like the bagpipe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebro
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberians
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtiberians

I give you the picture of my second Fordson. An E1A of 1954, according to serial number (Thanks David in Wales!).

This tractor was intentionally painted in E27N Blue Night.

The owner was 600 km away and if I had not bought, had gone to the scrap.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

The E1A looks nice in E27N colours David :)

Thanks for the info on the EBRO river and 'the natives' of the region - there are several versions of the bagpipes in the UK and France, are your regions like the Scottish pipes or smaller and pumped with the elbow rather than blown by mouth ?

Do they also use the Gurdy, or Hurdy Gurdy ? a stringed instrument where the strings are vibrated by a small wheel turned with a small handle ?? quite common in parts of France and now getting more popular in Britain.

No news of Welsh Dave - someone will know I expect.

Rick
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David Ebro »

Hi Rich & all:

I am glad that you are interested in the true cultures of Spain: The incompetence of those who have ruled and continue to govern Spain has led to believe foreigners with little culture, that Spain is a people of those nomads, who arrived in Spain in 1463 and Which are as dear as in Britain ...

The Iberians already had their own phonetic alphabet, prior to the arrival of the Roman invaders, and there are speculations reasoned by scientific research that Plato's Atlantis is under the marshes of the mouth of the Guadalquivir River (Betis for our Roman ancestors).

253/5000
In the Bradshaw guide of 1913, British tourists are proposed to get to know the Celtic traditions of northeastern Spain.

I remind you that the football team of Vigo, in Galicia (Land of the Gaelic), is the "Celta de Vigo" (No need to translate).

https://www.amazon.es/Bradshaws-Railway ... 029&sr=1-1

The instrument of which you speak is known in Spain: remember that we are a European people although dictators have wanted to identify us with nomadic peoples without roots.

See you tomorrow:

David Ebro.

Galician bagpipe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galician_gaita

Spaniard bagpipes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaita_navarra

Asturian bagpipe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaita_asturiana

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Dinas (David) used to post on this and other sites but I have not seen posts for some time. He moved home as his wife was quite unwell. He had to leave his narrow KFD Major in store and was looking to sell it.

It is possible he is no longer with us.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David Ebro »

Brian wrote:Dinas (David) used to post on this and other sites but I have not seen posts for some time. He moved home as his wife was quite unwell. He had to leave his narrow KFD Major in store and was looking to sell it.

It is possible he is no longer with us.
Hello Brian and everyone:

I am sorry to hear this sad news.

His last sentence can be interpreted as that he has died;

It is possible he is no longer with us :cry:

I was friends with David for almost ten years: first was a relationship based on tractors and country life, but quickly was a good friendship.

I had known for a long time before of his wife: she would return to her hometown, which according to David had greatly degraded, and leave the beautiful village of Welsh.

Long time. That I'm thinking of writing to your city council to ask about David.

I give you the last mail you sent mi:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xxx@arepo.xxx
03/27/16 12:12 PM

For

David xxx xxx

Hello David;

Britain has changed in my life time, to-day everyone worships in the church called TESCO – open 24 hours a day for 364 days a year.

The young people are praying all day to their “god” called Face Book or Twitter on their smart phones.

Before consumerism took over our lives, the Easter holiday was Good Friday & Easter Monday. In old days the farm workers were given Good Friday as holiday and they planted their potatoes in their gardens. To-day every day except for Xmas Day is a day to visit the stores to buy things on their credit cards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

It is cold with hail this morning, high winds & rain.

Happy Easter to you both

David.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. A David in Wales photos:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Best Regards: David Ebro.

David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David Ebro »

Hi:

I found the address of David in Wales (Dinas) and want to write to the municipality of Dinas Cross to ask about my friend.

I want to contact primarily with the municipality of Dinas Cross via e-mail, if it is necessary to send a certified letter written on paper.

I could not find the email address, or the address of the Town Hall of Dinas Cross: I ask to give me these addresses.

What is certain is that my E1ADDN Fordson whose parts were manufactured between 1953-54, will bear the name of my British friend.

Thank for your help!

David Ebro.

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

Dinas Cross is approximately 20 kilometres from my home in Pembrokeshire (Wales), and I have a friend who lives in the village. I will try to find out if he knew of David however, without a surname it will be almost impossible to identify him.

Gerald

David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David Ebro »

Tubal Cain wrote:Dinas Cross is approximately 20 kilometres from my home in Pembrokeshire (Wales), and I have a friend who lives in the village. I will try to find out if he knew of David however, without a surname it will be almost impossible to identify him.

Gerald
Hi Tubal Cain and all:

By PM I send the data to you: thank you for your time.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

David has not been on the board since September 2012 and he had been pretty active up until then. He was involved in writing a book on the Ford dealer Turneys, (I think that was the name).

He also posted pictures of tractors and his home area on Yesterdays Tractors but has not done that for some time now.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

jdaley
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by jdaley »

I am interested to hear the conclusion to this
John Daley
Bendigo, Australia

David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David Ebro »

Hi

Today I received an email from David in Wales.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bests regards. David Ebro.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

I expect you are releived to know that he is still in the land of the living David
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David Ebro »

oehrick wrote:I expect you are releived to know that he is still in the land of the living David
Hi:

David has been through problems and I want his recovery, because he was like my big brother. A person of confidence and good advice.

After 24 hours, my email has not yet been answered, but I want to keep correspondence with him,

Bests Regards:

David in Breda.