engine id

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
tadadams
Not Quite Blue Yet

engine id

Post by tadadams »

hi can anyone shed some light as to what engine this relates to .Its been fitted to my major tractor and is a 4 cylinder with a simms pump.the starter is on the opposite side to a normal major and the number stamped on the block is T2 703f 6015AAA
any help would be appreciated thanks

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: engine id

Post by Brian »

Could be a Ford 2701 or 2711 industrial from the 1970's. Does the injection pump mount on the back of the timing cover and has it large hexagon seals around the injector pipes where they enter the head?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

tadadams
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by tadadams »

yes it does ,,sorry it took so long to get back to you ive been on holls..do you know what size the bolts that hold the starter on are ? some scrote has nicked the starter and the bolts off it whilst ive been away???????????

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Some people!!!

Sorry, I do not know the size, should be around 3/8" with a NC thread I think.

I always wanted one of those engines for a Major but never got around to fitting one, that is the engine that should have gone in the first 5000s in 1964 in my opinion. Brilliant engine.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

tadadams
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by tadadams »

thanks