Chaseside LM700

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
tim1casa
Not Quite Blue Yet

Chaseside LM700

Post by tim1casa »

I am at present trying to restore a Chaseside LM700. Behind the seat, beside the hydraulic tank, I have discovered a filler pipe that doesn't appear to have a function. It may be something off a different machine, but does anybody know someone who has a restored example in the Essex/Suffolk area that I could have a look at. I have had the front axle/kingpins re-built, and am beginning to collect tyres with some tread on them, and will be re-building the cab. I have had three new pains of glass cut for the pieces broken or missing, so with a bit of tin bashing, welding and a lengthy go with my sand blaster, it will eventually get a new coat of paint. Although the engine starts on the button, I find it is breathing rather heavily. However I picked up an interesting tip off this site regarding the use of 'vim' to de-glaze the bores. This is something I intend to try out. If it doesn't work, it will need cylinders and liners replacing, if it does work, great. Either way a packet of vim isn't going to break the bank.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Chaseside LM700

Post by Brian »

:needpics: Please!
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

tim1casa
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by tim1casa »

I have a few pics and intend to take a few more in the next few weeks, but how do you add them to the bulletin board?

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

tim1casa wrote:I have a few pics and intend to take a few more in the next few weeks, but how do you add them to the bulletin board?
Hi
You need to get a free Photobucket account and upload load your pictures on to it then transfer them to your posts here :) . Go to the misc topic posts on here , Look at the one headed Photobucket and you will see Brians post in reply to what I asked yesterday I hope this helps you a bit :wink: .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

essex pete
True Blue

Post by essex pete »

Did you ever get around to finding some pictures?

The hydraulic filler was I believe a combined filler breather.