New idea?

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

New idea?

Post by Brian »

So far, on this forum, no one has mentioned one of these. A 590E might go in very nicely. :D :D :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1361
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Re: New idea?

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Brian.

Given the price of new bearings for a Perkins P6 TA it is probably a good idea. It would probably bolt right up to the gearbox too. I am just not too sure I could get used to the sound of one of those more modern 6 cylinder symphonies after getting used to the purr of my P6 (Puma).

No offense intended to you Pascal if you are reading this, you are right a 6 cylinder does play a wonderful tune :D

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Wait till I get the latest Meddo report on the Wiki! There is an engine there that would really sound and look good in a Super! :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Frank,
No problem at all. I just can help loving the great sound of 6 cylinder diesel, like a TD60 Volvo BM and of course a great
Ford 6 cylinder! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
But I can imagine not everybody loves them as much as I do. :)

Hi Brian,
I am looking forward to read your latest Meddo report!
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.