This and that about Ford 590E engines.

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
fergusont20
True Blue

Post by fergusont20 »

thanks

it says on the block T1 2702E 6015

where is info on clutch plate area as i dont have the bonnet :) any idea on age of manufacture?

thanks mark

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Mark,

Congratulations with your investment!
Very powerfull engines! I have seen them a lot with tractorpulling. I don't know the exact type.
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

Gubbels
True Blue

Post by Gubbels »

Hi mark,

Congrats with your new engine, I have the same series engine, but I have a different exhaust and air inlet manifold. Does your injection pump has a connection for a rpm cable?

Regards,

Arno
Restoration project: Fordson Power Major 6 cyl. Conversion http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... f=9&t=1612

fergusont20
True Blue

Post by fergusont20 »

Gubbels wrote:Hi mark,

Congrats with your new engine, I have the same series engine, but I have a different exhaust and air inlet manifold. Does your injection pump has a connection for a rpm cable?

Regards,

Arno
Hi

I will look to see if there is a tacho take off on pump, do u have any more info on these series of engines? As I can't find a lot of info on internet

Thanks mark

Gubbels
True Blue

Post by Gubbels »

look at the next thread, there is some info:

http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... php?t=1448
Here you can also find some manuals and parts lists.

Ford 2700 series gaskets: http://www.gaskets-direct-limited.co.uk ... ercial.htm

Bearings and piston rings are all available by Bepco tractor pieces:
http://www.picturesbase-agripro.com/~sh ... olland.PDF (the bepco folder)

If you have more info or places were you can find parts/info please post.
Restoration project: Fordson Power Major 6 cyl. Conversion http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... f=9&t=1612

fergusont20
True Blue

Post by fergusont20 »

Hi Guys

I have fitted my 6 cylinder engine to my major today.

Because it isnt a 590E engine, i dont want to spoil or overrun this thread so i will continue posting on my thread in the new major forum.

http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... php?t=1235

Thanks for all your help.

Mark

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

fergusont20 wrote:Hi Guys

I have fitted my 6 cylinder engine to my major today.

Because it isnt a 590E engine, i dont want to spoil or overrun this thread so i will continue posting on my thread in the new major forum.

http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... php?t=1235

Thanks for all your help.

Mark
Good thinking. :thumbs: We keep high standard on our engines in this thread. :mrgreen:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Mark,
Start your new thread on here as it will keep 6 cylinder engine related subjects together for the moment.

If you are going to write a story on how you do it, put it and pictures on the Wiki and keep just comments and questions on the board.

Don't put it with the Major subjects as it is not a Major anymore and Ford did not build such a tractor as you now have, so things will get confusing.

We shall have to ask Oscar nicely if we can have a board just for subjects like the 590 and the 2700 range plus Foxen's Super Duper Major. :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

fergusont20
True Blue

Post by fergusont20 »

Brian wrote:Mark,
Start your new thread on here as it will keep 6 cylinder engine related subjects together for the moment.

If you are going to write a story on how you do it, put it and pictures on the Wiki and keep just comments and questions on the board.

Don't put it with the Major subjects as it is not a Major anymore and Ford did not build such a tractor as you now have, so things will get confusing.

We shall have to ask Oscar nicely if we can have a board just for subjects like the 590 and the 2700 range plus Foxen's Super Duper Major. :D
not sure how you do this wiki thing Brian , can you explain further please.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

In "Misc" forum there is a link to the Wiki or you can get to it via the main page.

You will need to use a password to get in "fordsontractorpages" and "dotty". From there follow the step by step instructions and add pictures as you would on the forum.

I write my stories in "Word" on my computor, work out where I want the pictures, then copy and paste the text into the Wiki. Then I add the pictures. You cannot put the pictures in your article in "Word", that has to be done on the Wiki.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

Brian wrote:Mark,

Haha, "Super Duper Major" ;)
Just modifying things the way I feel they are meant to be rather than the way they were when it was new, it does make it easier to work on and more usable :)
Essex Lily - Super Major -62 (No. 1618924)
Mr Fordson - Super Dexta -64(dad's)
"Si is est non infractus , effrego is quod animadverto si vos can redintegro is!"
<Ut simplex, validus quod constanter ut ferrum talea campester = Super Major>

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Work in progress! :mrgreen:

In the next week my cousin and I will work on the reinforcements of the frame (because of the alu sump).
I'll keep you updated.
Best regards,
Pascal

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

Nice. :lol: So you got the crank mowing at last, what was the sticking problem?

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Thank you Grani.

When removing, cleaning and reinstaling the crankshaft, one of the brackets was mounted opposite. :oops:

Now it moves again, but we can't get it round completely. :( The reason are the ribs in the new sump. The crankshaft hits them unfortunately.
We have to find out which part of the ribs is the problem and make them a bit smaller.
Best regards,
Pascal

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

How can it be possible, you have an original sump???

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Looking good Pascal, keep on going.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Grani,
I don't understand it either... :(
Hopefully it will be solved soon.

Hi Henk,
Thank you.
Best regards,
Pascal

fergusont20
True Blue

Post by fergusont20 »

Hi Pascal

You are making great progress! I thought your engine was with problems and in bits and then I see a picture of it fitted in your tractor. Good work!!

Can you show me a picture of the bottom of the bellhousing, I guess your engine all bolts fit.

I guess both our tractors will be completed around the same time

I look forward to more pictures

Mark

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately the wholes of the alu-sump are not on the same place as the ones in the bellhousing.
Probably the same problem as you have?

My cousin is working on a solution. I think he is going to drill some extra wholes on both sides, to attach the alu sump and bellhousing.

I will make some pictures, if this is done. I think next saturday?
Best regards,
Pascal

Gubbels
True Blue

Post by Gubbels »

Hi Pascal,

it's looking good.
What kind of reinforcements are you going to make?
Succes with the works.

regards,

arno

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

Pascal wrote:Hi Mark,

Unfortunately the wholes of the alu-sump are not on the same place as the ones in the bellhousing.
Probably the same problem as you have?

My cousin is working on a solution. I think he is going to drill some extra wholes on both sides, to attach the alu sump and bellhousing.

I will make some pictures, if this is done. I think next saturday?
I would not bother to make the sumpbolts fit. The sump is to weak anyway. I recomend you build a stong frame from half of the siderails all the way underneath the rear axle. And then build a crossframe just in front of the flywheel where you connect the frontaxle A-support. The pivot point has to be in line with the front axle pivot point.
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w315 ... um/005.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w315 ... /004-3.jpg

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi guys,

Here are my answers to your questions.

@Mark
This is not my tractor, but the bellhousing and alu sump are the same.

@Arno
These are examples of the reinforcements my cousin is going to put on my tractor. They will not be exactly the same, but they will give you an idea.

The third reinforcements will be the frame of the stretched A-frame between the U-siderails, as I posted earlier.

@Grani
I know you are right about the sump, but I guess the extra bolts in the sump don't harm.
My cousin will make the stretched A frame and the crossframe between the U-siderails as you suggest.
It will look like the one on the picture I posted earlier. Perhaps a more strengthened version?

Indeed my cousin and I are brainstorming about the frame you suggest. Here's an example (picture is not mine).
This will be instead of the U-siderails from the clutch to the gearbox (see picture above).

Best regards,
Pascal

henk

Post by henk »

Pascal,

Do you or any friends of you know somewhere a cnc milling unit?
(computer gestuurde freesmachine)
It's easy to make a half moon peace that covers the two parts.
If you know some one please mail me, I explain in Dutch.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Henk,

I have thought about that too. Unfortunately I don't know some with that sort of machine. :(
Best regards,
Pascal

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi guys,

Yesterday my cousin did most of the wiring of the tractor.
I fitted the nose cone from Agrilines...unfortunately it's one centimeter lower than the original.. :( I will have to fill this up.
The nose cone will be painted blue.

I'll keep you updated.

Best regards,
Pascal