VonZu's '68 754

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
VonZU
Not Quite Blue Yet

VonZu's '68 754

Post by VonZU »

This tractor is also a family heirloom. It has lived and been loved hard for many years.
Currently it is partially dismanteled, awaiting further restoration work.

Some old photos from the glory days:

I think it's me on the plastic fantastic to the left.

I loved that dog... See how it is carrying a bucket. It was a genius. Pure canine genius.

One of the last pictures before dismantling began.

Dismanteled:
Image Image Image Image Image

The plan is to dismantle some more, and put it back together again. The excavator is not coming back on, as it is too worn out and too heavy a piece of machinery to be used with any kind of efficiency today. But I still have it around, in case I change my mind in the far-far future :)
'62 Super Dexta - '69 754 County - '71 4000 - '78 4600 Four County

frode
True Blue

Re: VonZu's '68 754

Post by frode »

Very nice! Great to see some old photos :)

Is the loader Malm Ørstad or Øveråsen? Looks like Øveråsen to me :) I have one just like this, I just havent had time to pick it up yet :)

For all of you non-norwegians:
Most of the countys in Norway were used in construction or in the forest. There were not many for agricultural purpose. The supportframe with "claw-mount" for the backhoe and front hydraulic tank were made by "Eidsfoss Ironworks" I think, they are long gone but were big with these kind of specialized setups. Normal use for a County in Norway were backhoe in the summer and winch or timbercrane in the winter for forestry-use. Both winch and crane fitted in the quickmount.

I
frode

1957 County MarkIV Crawler
1964 County Super-4
1967 County 654
1977 County 7600-FOUR

VonZU
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: VonZu's '68 754

Post by VonZU »

The front loader is a Malm Orstad Industry Loader. The one and only :clap:

The tractor was bought from Selmer Furuholmen by my dad in the early eighties. We used it for farming and forestry activities.
During winter we also had some snow plowing responsibilities. And there are very few things that are cooler than a county with a proper snow plow. I hope I can find pictures of it with the snow plow.
'62 Super Dexta - '69 754 County - '71 4000 - '78 4600 Four County