Dexta Roadless parts

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
Broadspeed
True Blue

Dexta Roadless parts

Post by Broadspeed »

Does anyone have pictures or maybe even some measurements of roadless power take off piece between gearbox and rear axle?

All help is highly appreciated :beer:
Dexta -60
Dexta Special -64

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Dexta Roadless parts

Post by Brian »

I am pretty certain I have some pictures in my files somewhere so i will check them out and upload them. You do realise you are looking for rocking horse poo and hens teeth? :mrgreen:

Be careful if you do find one as for some reason the Roadless Dexta slice is prone to cracking and breaking.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Broadspeed
True Blue

Post by Broadspeed »

Yes I know that in this case any information to get will be very hard :mrgreen: My intention is to make 4wd Dexta, one way or another :mrgreen: Everything is clear, except the power takeoff to front axle. May be that it is easiest to make it with chain, as all grip traction has done :roll:

If You have pictures, they are more than welcome :beer:
Dexta -60
Dexta Special -64

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

redgiant
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by redgiant »

Broadspeed wrote:Yes I know that in this case any information to get will be very hard :mrgreen: My intention is to make 4wd Dexta, one way or another :mrgreen: Everything is clear, except the power takeoff to front axle. May be that it is easiest to make it with chain, as all grip traction has done :roll:

If You have pictures, they are more than welcome :beer:

Broadspeed if you do end up making a 4wd Dexta do make sure to put up a thread here going into great detail - so I can copy you :lol:

As for the chain idea, I've heard it's a bit of a weak link in the design (pardon the pun)

I'm guessing Roadless had a large idler gear and a smaller one connected to the prop shaft??

Broadspeed
True Blue

Post by Broadspeed »

Yes I also think that the chain version won't be very strong. That's why I asked for pictures from a pto piece, which is separated from tractor. But I think that nobody has pictures of it :cry: Google gives only pictures where this piece is assemblen in tractor..
Dexta -60
Dexta Special -64

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

redgiant
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by redgiant »

If only I had the money!! I dont suppose you have any more pictures/ info about the transfer box? And was the front casting the original or was a stronger version fitted?

county654
True Blue

Post by county654 »

Broadspeed wrote:Yes I also think that the chain version won't be very strong. ..
Hallo,
If you are afraid, a single chain won´t be strong enough, look for "duplex chain" or even "triplex chain"
https://www.google.de/search?q=duplex+c ... oQ_AUIBigB

We used to have a single row cornchopper in the 80th, it was powerd with about 90 hp and the duplex chain lasted forever.
A 35 hp Dexta has no chance to ruin such chains if they are proper size.
Regards Matthias

With County, you can ;-)

1959 Power Major
1961 County Super 4 drainagemachine
1963 Super Major
1964 NP Super Major 4x4
1966 County 654

county654
True Blue

Post by county654 »

A tractordealer in the neighbourhood is offering a Dexta Major 4x4 at the moment.
I have never seen one in real, so I went there this morning.
Price would be 8.000 € .
I have to many unfinished projekts, otherwise I might be interesteed in buying it.
Regards Matthias

With County, you can ;-)

1959 Power Major
1961 County Super 4 drainagemachine
1963 Super Major
1964 NP Super Major 4x4
1966 County 654

Broadspeed
True Blue

Post by Broadspeed »

Use You are right, maybe Dexta with her 32 might horsepower can't break a duplex chain :mrgreen:

Just found 7,50-20 front rims and tyres for my project.
Dexta -60
Dexta Special -64

redgiant
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by redgiant »

Broadspeed would you please post some updates/pictures of your build? I for one would be VERY interested in what you're doing.

Broadspeed
True Blue

Post by Broadspeed »

Yes I will post as soon there is some progress :mrgreen: Now I have only picked up parts for this project. Have been busy with few other projects, and with this Dexta 4wd I don't have to rush :)
Dexta -60
Dexta Special -64

redgiant
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by redgiant »

Just found this

http://tractor.foroactivo.com/t982-ford ... otos-dinas

How I wish I spoke Spanish :(

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Picture come from Wales sent in by "Dinas" who used to post on here. The axle is a Land Rover one done by a company in Wales but it is not a good job from what I have heard. Bit cheap and cheerful. It has been reported on in the tractor mags.
Brian