Howard's trencher

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
Birty7910
Not Quite Blue Yet

Howard's trencher

Post by Birty7910 »

Hi there, this is my first post as I'm new to the forum, thought this the best place to ask.
Been asked to do some work to a Howard trencher powered by what I'm thinking is a ford 5000, it's a 4 cylinder anyway.
Been stood for near on 30 years so everything's abit tight including the engine!!
Has anyone had anything to do with one of these before? I carnt find any numbers on the engine but it's got the A piece that's attached to the sump and it's a 4 pot so I'm guessing it's a 5000 engine, and has the early type nose cone so pre force aswell?
Any help is appreciated
Cheers

Birty7910
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Howard's trencher

Post by Birty7910 »

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Howard's trencher

Post by Brian »

Pre-Force 5000 so between 1965 and July 1968. Numbers are stamped on a flat area down near the sump join on the injection pump side or possibly the oil filter side (Ford could not make up their minds) There will be other numbers on the"Tombstone" mounting lugs on the injection pump side and the model and tractor serial number on the mounting lugs behind the starter and under the fuel tap.

Most of the ones I worked on were the Super Major powered type.

More pictures please.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian