FMD 6 cylinder bonnet

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
chris88
Not Quite Blue Yet

FMD 6 cylinder bonnet

Post by chris88 »

I was wondering if anybody knew where i could get a bonnet for my 6 cyl major

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Chris,

A guy in the Netherlands sells 6 cylinder bonnets. I think the costs are about 500 euro's.

I will be using two 4 cylinder hoods.
An uncle of mine will weld them together.
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

fergusont20
True Blue

Post by fergusont20 »

Colin Perryman 07929866376 at Colin Perryman tractor parts in Cornwall is your friend here, he gets new extended bonnets made, im waiting for one off him at the minute.

They are folded out of sheet metal to whichever length you want, i need one 290mm longer than original, you just take the catches off the old bonnet and transfer them onto the new one, or you can buy the new catches off Agriline. He normally has the longer hinges aswell, dont think he has any the minute though, im going to get a hinge from millennium bearings in lichfield, i use them quite a bit.

I saw the extended bonnets at the tractor show at malvern, they are very good and look a millions time better than joining two together.

I think the bonnets are about £80

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on. :)

Mark
Last edited by fergusont20 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris88
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by chris88 »

thanks mark i was looking at your pictures again the other day and i really wish i had the time and facilities to build my major to the same standard as yours

fergusont20
True Blue

Post by fergusont20 »

I don't know where I got 80s pound from ???. They are 140s pound plus postage, I'm having one made 55 inches long, I have sourced a new hinge which is 59 inches long, so I will need to cut it down, that is 8 pounds.

Doing it this way you can keep your old bonnet or sell it on to part fund the new extended one

Hope this helps everyone

Mark