Cummins Fordson

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
richard the wrecker
Not Quite Blue Yet

Cummins Fordson

Post by richard the wrecker »

Here's a couple of pictures of a little project we have done over the winter months. It is a 160hp cummins 5.9. It has got a custom made adaptor plate & custom made flywheel. these are the only pics i have of it at the moment, this was its 1st outing a few weeks ago on a local road run with a few other likeminded idiots!!. 55 of us in total.We covered about 60 miles at a nice steady pace with no breakdowns

Last edited by richard the wrecker on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: Cummins Fordson

Post by henk »

Richard,

Very nice job. well done.
How did you solve the triangle problem?
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Nice! The stack is on the wrong side but I think we can live with that :lol: So…….what color are the grills going to be?

Pat

JC

Post by JC »

I like it! You did a nice job.
I have the complete back half of a Power Major that I'd like to do that to. A 3.9 Cummins probably has plenty of power for a Major, but a 5.9 sounds way better.
Please post more pictures, when you get a chance.

richard the wrecker
Not Quite Blue Yet

henk wrote:Richard,

Very nice job. well done.
How did you solve the triangle problem?
Thanks for the compliments, we solved the triangle by fabricating a frame from inside the frame rails that passes very close to the sump to almost keep it from sight. i will get some more photos of it this weekend as we are doing our carnival in the village & there will be several tractors pulling trailers in the parade.

Pat, as for the grilles. they should be blue!!!. BUT me liking things a little different might well have some new ones chrome plated. The jury is still out on that one at the minute.

richard the wrecker
Not Quite Blue Yet

Here's a later pic from Astle Park steam rally in august,now fitted with front grilles in the Correct colour :) :D