Ford 2000 4wd

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
levko
Not Quite Blue Yet

Ford 2000 4wd

Post by levko »

Dear,Friends
I have Ford 2000 tractor 4wd 1968 year (unit: 8A19B; Tractor number: B084840 ) and i have a
problem with front differential. Actually front differential is missing ( i bought without front differential) so searching by internet i found this site and i want to ask does somebody have a front differential parts for Ford
2000 4 wd, and what price will be? And does somebody have a catalogue or pictures of parts from this conversion...Maybe if I cannot find a original parts I will find a firm wich will make that parts....So I will ask if does somebody have a pictures or sheme with dimensions for all gears in front differential in Ford 2000 4wd to send me...I mean its working about Selene conversion...Front axle have a number 801421
Thank you for your time
Best regards

levko
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Ford 2000 4wd

Post by levko »

No one has such problem like me ??? I try to upload some pictures but I dont how it wors....

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Can't do it either. Are your pic loaded behind a password? I don't think there public.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Levko,

Sorry I can't help with the diff centre, but I am sure it will be a common type if you can only find out what vehicle it came out of. If it was a roadless I might be able to tell you. However just to help with others being able to identify the diff I will try the pictures for you.

If you do a "Quote" on my post you will see the code that you need to get the pictures to display, I hope. I just did a right click on the mouse over the picture after I navigated to your photo web site, selected properties and copied the picture link between the "img" tags after pressing the [Img] button above the edit window. I hope this helps.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

levko wrote:Dear,Friends
I have Ford 2000 tractor 4wd 1968 year (unit: 8A19B; Tractor number: B084840 ) and i have a
problem with front differential. Actually front differential is missing ( i bought without front differential) so searching by internet i found this site and i want to ask does somebody have a front differential parts for Ford
2000 4 wd, and what price will be? And does somebody have a catalogue or pictures of parts from this conversion...Maybe if I cannot find a original parts I will find a firm wich will make that parts....So I will ask if does somebody have a pictures or sheme with dimensions for all gears in front differential in Ford 2000 4wd to send me...I mean its working about Selene conversion...Front axle have a number 801421
Thank you for your time
Best regards

http://postimage.org/image/3qo9f2opd
http://postimage.org/image/3k2cb2tbv/
http://postimage.org/image/b9ny11gd3/
http://postimage.org/image/axh6fphpx/
http://postimage.org/image/y4xq6g6fl/
http://postimage.org/image/jkuh4o2jl/
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Hi Levco, IF it's a GMC, its a compleatly different housing than Roadless/Selene used on the Majors, but it does look quit simmalar to the units used on the Dextas. Yesterdays Tractors had a posting in the Fordson colom recently that may be of some help.

Pat

levko
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by levko »

Where is that post BearCreek... I can find it....I agree it is a simmilar unit used to Dextas...I actualy asking for this manual if somebody have it to send me....http://www.xtremeshack.com/photos/9d9503f5.jpg i find only this picture from that manual...I would like to have it all of them...

dexta roadless
True Blue

Post by dexta roadless »

hello
The differential housing looks to me that it is very similar to those on the dextas. that was made by Selene. But it is not quite the same, but I would ask John Bownes in http://www.roadless.co.uk/ for help.
6o Dexta Roadless
62 Dexta
63 Super Dexta
75 Shilter UT
62 Aebi

levko
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by levko »

dear dexta roadless...I mean that all I need is http://www.xtremeshack.com/photos/9d9503f5.jpg....if somebody havethis let send me...it is just like my Ford 2000 4wd and i will please if somabody have that brochure to send me....thank You

levko
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by levko »

Nobody have this manual ???? http://www.xtremeshack.com/photos/9d9503f5.jpg or nobody have selene conversion manual ??? :(

dexta roadless
True Blue

Post by dexta roadless »

I have a selene converson manual for the Dexta, and I guess the partnbrs are the same. but you never know.
remember this is a very rare tractor
6o Dexta Roadless
62 Dexta
63 Super Dexta
75 Shilter UT
62 Aebi

levko
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by levko »

Oh I m looking for that all of time dexta roadless...would you like to send me taht manual...Please...

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Levko,

I have been looking at your axle for a while now and I don't think it is a selene axle at all. I think you may have a Schindler axle because the steering knuckles are open. The selene axles were based on the early GMC axles and they all had closed steering knuckles. If you search for Schindler you may have more luck.

Regards, Frank
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

levko
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by levko »

However....Thaks of all of you who give me a suggestion for my problem...I only ask for a manual or sheme for conversion kit or way for Selene for Fordson Dexta....so once again if somebody have that manual please send me....dexta roadless sais that he have it and I asked him to send me but...still not send me....Thanks....

dexta roadless
True Blue

Post by dexta roadless »

Frank
The conversion to Majors were a complete front axle from a GMC. To the Dexta however the knuckles/hubs are from the sane but the middle with the diff. is from Selene. They are welded together just inside the knuckles. The reason Iknow this is that the diff is in millimeter not in inches, and i doubt that the GM used mm back in the 40s. Another thing is that my pinion was stamped "dubosc". I don't know what it means but one explanation is that it was a factory in hungary or bulgary. I guess we will never know, unless someone here can enligte it.
6o Dexta Roadless
62 Dexta
63 Super Dexta
75 Shilter UT
62 Aebi

levko
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by levko »

I want to Thank on my friend dexta roadless for his selflessness....Thank You my friend....

WayneB
True Blue

Post by WayneB »

Let me ask a few basic questions:
1. Is the hardware metric or SAE?
The GMC axles were SAE and Schindler is metric. Maybe some of the other guys can post on Selene.
I have the Schindler, and parts are available, but here in the US part guys try to apply SAE and no matches; go metric and bearings, seals and u-joints can be found aplenty.

2. What is the diameter of the axle shafts and what is the spline count?

I have other relavant question, but it's important to determine metric or SAE first.

Wayne
Tractor poor, 59 Dexta, 61 & (3) 62 SuperDexta-s, 68 4000 Ford 4x4, 81 Ford 1100 4x4, 55-HD5G AC Crawler Loader, 1951 CAT D6 9U, 1967 160B Dynahoe backhoe and now a toy JD 850 4x4 loader compact.

WayneB
True Blue

Post by WayneB »

If it is Selene:
The 4wd system fitted to the Roadless 65 was fitted and part manufactured by Roadless Traction limited, Hounslow, Middlesex, England.A plate affixed to the axle states that the system was produced under licence and sites Italian patent Nrs 21228/526912-21956/510154/26287/ also British pat pending Nrs 36067/54-28060/56-28386/56.
The licence to produce the system was taken from the Italian company Selene, known for other 4WD Tractor units.
The origins of the Axle and Diff was GM
Tractor poor, 59 Dexta, 61 & (3) 62 SuperDexta-s, 68 4000 Ford 4x4, 81 Ford 1100 4x4, 55-HD5G AC Crawler Loader, 1951 CAT D6 9U, 1967 160B Dynahoe backhoe and now a toy JD 850 4x4 loader compact.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That one is a Selene Axle and has no GM heritage as far as I know. The axles from GM were fitted to the Major and Roadless 65 and were a different design.

The best way is to e-mail Roadless Tractor Spares, http://www.roadless.co.uk/ with the numbers on the axle.

The Dexta/Super Dexta/2000/3000 range are fairly rare tractors so parts may be a problem.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

levko
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by levko »

The diameter of the axle is 41mm and 16 is spline count....i dont understand what is metric or SAE ???....so Wayne if you have a schindler part lis would you like to send me.....Thanks
WayneB wrote:Let me ask a few basic questions:
1. Is the hardware metric or SAE?
The GMC axles were SAE and Schindler is metric. Maybe some of the other guys can post on Selene.
I have the Schindler, and parts are available, but here in the US part guys try to apply SAE and no matches; go metric and bearings, seals and u-joints can be found aplenty.

2. What is the diameter of the axle shafts and what is the spline count?

I have other relavant question, but it's important to determine metric or SAE first.

Wayne