Parts from Agriline Products

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
P29044
Not Quite Blue Yet

Parts from Agriline Products

Post by P29044 »

I am rebuilding an engine on a 53 Major. I have priced parts in many places and I see that Agriline Products seem to be so much cheaper than many places. How does the quality of their parts compare to the other places with the same part for sometimes twice as much? I figured that at least a few members on here have dealt with them...Thanks

fnoller
True Blue

Re: Parts from Agriline Products

Post by fnoller »

I have bought a lot of parts from them and it seems to be good quality :D
Fordson for life...

1955 Fordson Major (restorating)

1963 Fordson Super Major New Performance (New Project)

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Agriline parts are often from the same suppliers as everyone else, so quality is usually the same. But like all repro parts, the customer is quite often the quality control! So Agriline are OK! :wink:

If they don't fit, send them back. A bit more expensive if you're over the pond...
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

P29044
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by P29044 »

Actually Bensdexta, I can get parts from Agriline ordered AND shipped out of UK right to my door cheaper than from part stores here in the states. That is why I was wondering about the quality.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

P29044 wrote:I can get parts from Agriline ordered AND shipped out of UK right to my door cheaper than from part stores here in the states. That is why I was wondering about the quality.
That's good. I was thinking about return postage if any parts turn out to be unsuitable. Also I can imagine there might be delays/hastle for returns arising from UK customs.

If it's an expensive part you need, cylinder head or something, suggest you ask on here if anyone's had one and did it fit etc.

But give them a go, I've had plenty of parts from them - glad to see UK industry exporting! :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I have also had good luck with most of the stuff they sell and they ship quick. The repro RPM/ hour drives and gages have been a problem no matter where you get them as they all come from the same manufacture. I have been thinking that the manufacture does not put enough lube in the units as they sieze after just several hundred hours. Dandy Dave.
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major