Is this tractor interesting ?

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
nightmare
Not Quite Blue Yet

Is this tractor interesting ?

Post by nightmare »

Hey gyes

I decided that I would not have enough time to restore my Fordson County Super Six, but since its heavily modifyed I have a hard time finding out if its worth more than a regular Super Major.

Rumors tells that its a former County Super Six, but at some point the former owner removed all the fwd, axleshafts and probably fitted a regular 2wd rear end. Now it sits as a 2wd with out any signs of its former 4wd any where.
Tractor has been sitting outside for ten years before i got it. Engine runs and does not mix oil and Water but one cylinder is misfiring if it fires at all. Gears sounds good.

What do you think about this ?

Best regards
Max Madsen, Denmark

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Is this tractor interesting ?

Post by Brian »

Some pictures would be helpful, County's did make a Super Six without 4WD as a special and if it was one of these it could be worth a lot. Otherwise it is just a parts tractor that might be of interest to someone who has the bits you are missing.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian