Power major 6 cylinder conversion

This forum is for discussions about County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Matbro, ETA and other Ford/Fordson-based conversions.
Jimbo
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Power major 6 cylinder conversion

Post by Jimbo »

Hello Arno, my name is Jim Whitty & I work 3 fordson super majors on my land. 2 of them use the dual clutch & i would love to get all the measurements you have for making the tool for adjusting the release fingers etc. Thanks Jimbo

Jimbo
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Jimbo »

To Arno, jim Whitty again & i'm in Florida, U.S.A. For winter & if you could tell me where you got measurements for dual clutch set up that would be good or i could E mail you direct or call you , & appreciate your help Jimbo

Gubbels
True Blue

Post by Gubbels »

1962 model wrote:Hello Arno,
can you please tell me how you overcame the excess endfloat in the clutch shafts as mine needs to be reduced due to the common thrust face wear they suffer?

Mike
Hello mike, is it possible that you clarify your question with a photo or a drawing. I don't understand your question excactly.
Restoration project: Fordson Power Major 6 cyl. Conversion http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... f=9&t=1612

Gubbels
True Blue

Post by Gubbels »

Jimbo wrote:Hello Arno, my name is Jim Whitty & I work 3 fordson super majors on my land. 2 of them use the dual clutch & i would love to get all the measurements you have for making the tool for adjusting the release fingers etc. Thanks Jimbo
Hello Jim, I will try to find the drawing I used, I can't find the adjusting tool anymore. I will search one of these days.

Regards, Arno
Restoration project: Fordson Power Major 6 cyl. Conversion http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... f=9&t=1612

Jimbo
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Gubbels, Jim Whitty back trying to get those Fordson double clutch finger setting adjustments. I have trouble finding things on the computer so could you please E mail me at jimbo182n@gmail.com with info? Sure would appreciate it , thanks jimbo

Jimbo
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Gubbels,Wishing you & yours a very merry Christmas & happy new year. Real proud of the work you've done on your tractor . After holidays when you get a chance would appreciate you E mailing me at Jimbo182n@ gmail.com With those dual clutch finger measurements . Thank you ,Jim Whitty ( Jimbo)

fordson993
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by fordson993 »

great job arno :clap:

Gubbels
True Blue

Post by Gubbels »

Hi everybody,

It's been a couple of years but I am finally working the Major. Yesterday we went sort of ploughing with a couple of guys. But after only 5-10 minutes the engine got overheating.

Does anybody else have these problems with a Ford 2700 series 6cyl engine?

Set up:
No thermostat
Original radiator
8-blade fan built on the waterpump

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Regards Arno

woodcutter
True Blue

Post by woodcutter »

Yeah I had the same problem, when I had my radiator recored I had a an extra 2 cores put in standard frame, and I put a six blade fan off a county on water pump plus an electric fan pushing from front of rad, no thermostat but I did put outer ring of thermostat in just to slow water down a bit, It was ok but I had it on levelling bar pulling no problems

Gubbels
True Blue

Post by Gubbels »

Woodcutter, thanks for the info.

Found the problem on my tractor. The radiator wasn't fully free. I Cleaned it, now the problem is over.

I am thinking about selling the tractor. I just don't use it enough to keep it.

woodcutter
True Blue

Post by woodcutter »

it's a shame to sell after all the work you put in, I think you will miss it when it's gone I did so I went and bought another but needs a lot of work, if I was closer I would be interested in yours :D