It makes one Sick

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

It makes one Sick

Post by Brian »

Since we have been back from Oz I have been stuck in the workshop but today I got a chance to take Henrietta down onto the field for a short run out.

On checking round I discovered that some rotten %^$£*&)%£ has stolen my TS1014 plough that I use behind Dotty.

I am kicking myself because I usually store it over winter in the yard next to the house but this year, we have had two extra cars here and space was a bit short so I hid it, so I thought, behind some other machines and let the nettles grow up so it was hidden. Obviously not well enough but it was about 200 yards from the road, not visible and pretty hard tio get to without a 4WD truck or tractor.

The thing that makes me sick is that it could be someone I know that is responsible. The plough is only useful behind a Dexta or Fergy but it is worth between £700 and £1000 in good condition.

Rant Over.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: It makes one Sick

Post by henk »

Brian,

Indeed this is sick making. :curse: :cry:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Ba$t@rds !!

I hope it had some recognisable features (that you are not going to mention here) that might help identify it Brian

As the years go by I find myself more and more in the Tony Martin camp as far as this sort of vermin is concerned

Same crew that started Nuffy up and left her running perhaps ?
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Yes, there are a number of unique features that are not mentioned. I am going to the police with photographs and putting up a reward for the return and apprehension of the thieves. £1000.00. It will cost me that to get a replacement in the same condition.

It was not stolen for scrap, it might even have been stolen to order.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

charlie63
True Blue

Post by charlie63 »

Brian,
Sorry to hear that some thieving scum has removed your plough. We work hard for what we have and yet some scum seem to think its their god given right to remove other peoples Shark. Im glad I have everything under lock and key but going to step up my security this time home thats for sure. At least you only know of identifiable marking on it so heres hoping that leads to its recovery. I will certainly keep my eyes and ears open up here in Scotland as it may have been stolen to order as you said. Good luck on recovering it.

Charlie.

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hi Brian,

Think I know how you feel. We had a burglar in our house a couple of years ago.

Hope you’ll get the plough back.

Rgds Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The SCUM have struck again!!!!!!!

This time they have stolen my 3 ton tipping trailer. It must have gone in the last week as we were snowed in the week before and we have been down there and seen it in the meantime.

It means the person must have a tractor with a p/up hitch as it is too heavy to lift onto a normaL drawbar.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Sound as if you need one of those recording cameras they use for wildlife filming, strap to tree etc and it films when something moves - at least it'd catch details of the tractor used - or equip the rest of the tackle with motion sensing grenades and blow the sods where they deserve to be :curse: :curse: :curse:

On the basis of your plough being stolen I've been making more frequent trips over to see my Major.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

oehrick wrote:Sound as if you need one of those recording cameras they use for wildlife filming, strap to tree etc and it films when something moves
You better place it on some well hidden place though, judging from what these evil sods had already taken, they might also steal those :curse:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Been doing detective and forensic work for a couple of days, had my deerstalker hat on and magnifying glass with my nose pressed to the soil. Got some fair pictures of the wheel marks for the boys in blue.

The thieves must be total morons, it looks like they backed a Land Rover up to the trailer, lifted it and dropped the ring hitch over the tow ball. Could have a drawbar jaw modified I suppose. To tow a big trailer with no brakes behind a Land Rover, hitched like that would be quite interesting to travel any distance.

They must have been really strong to do it too. There is about 1/2 to 3/4 ton on the drawbar to lift with the trailer wheels at the back.

Peter Love published a great large advert in the Tractor magazine too. Really did me proud and would not take payment.

Tractor are OK, they are in my yard at the house. I usually bring the ploughs up to over winter but my son is living with us at the moment and had bought another car for his new wife so the yard was a bit full of cars and tractors.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Lets hope both avenues bear fruit Brian, I've seen someone towing a smaller wood sided tipper like that behind a landy and was glad he was going elsewhere than I !!

My current makes one sick is Facebook, I rejoined (after swearing I'd never go back) to upload some photos on my old school's page, made the mistake of including a url to ebay where someone had an original magazine for sale and have been locked out by Facebook pushing me to a page demanding a mobile phone number, well I don't have one just the laptop, can't find anything of use on the web, can't get a message through that gets answered, can't find a human ! I'm pulling me hair out :curse: not particularly worried about not getting back other than I've still got a cluster of scanned slides and negatives to upload that some old mates have been enjoying (well the earlier) their coders must have the IQ of a horseradish but are far less usefull - we need a spitting emo.

Got yer long johns and snow chains ready for the next lot of snow ?
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

blackbob
True Blue

Post by blackbob »

Not wishing to make fun of your losses - many of us have had stuff stolen, in my case, my dad's Fergie TEF20 :cry: - but ... are there any clues in this video, Sherlock? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg8tHsb3Myk
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Not a clue, a fact! There are idiots all over the country. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Brian

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

Brian wrote:had my deerstalker hat on
Ok, this may be a bit too off-topic...

On youtube a while back, there's a livestream for historic racing at Goodwood and one of the races is named after race commentator John Bolster, apparently also known for wearing those deerstalker hat thingy. the winner is driving a very rapid Bentley, painted, guess what? Blue!

Anyway, back on topic, I can only hope that the plough and trailer be found and the people responsible apprehended. You can forgive,say, kids stealing fruits from the trees in your yard, but it's a different matter altogther if the buggers were going after bigger game, ie. a plough and a trailer.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Just picked up the comic Brian, nice exposure for the first theft of the plough, hope it rattles some cages
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Yes, Peter Love has really done me proud and would not take any payment. Very grateful.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Considering the coverage his travel business advertising 'costs' the reader Brian, that's small fry compared to what you and Ann have both put into the hobby to help True Blue followers :clap:

However, it is a very generous act and I can imagine you both being absolutely chuffed to bits by it :D lets hope it bears fruit, I see there was also a big chunk in F & F regarding the constabulary pursuing some dodgy dealer / resto outfit - about time too, they could free up a lot of space by dropping the POA adverts, especially the 43 different sorts of recon injector pump that go in time after time with no hint of a price - cooo I might yet get chucked off the FTPages in its eleventh hour for seditious talk :nono: :)

Happy Easter all
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

emilymoore
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by emilymoore »

You can get help from towing companies to park your truck in the parking lots to get safe your truck from the stolen parts. You can fond out tow truck near me to get the assistance from them.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

emilymoore, I'm sure Brian would have thanked you for your suggestion but it is an old thread and he has not been active here for a while. As far as I know neither plough or trailer were recovered :(
Welcome to the Fordson Tractor Pages
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure