Renewing mudguards and other tinwork

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
taffdavies
True Blue

Renewing mudguards and other tinwork

Post by taffdavies »

At this time the tractor is wrapped in its winter sheet waiting for the spring so that the replated mudguards may be fitted and the swivel pin on the lifting arm will also be changed, not looking forward to removing the remains of the securing bolts. Have just finished restoring the seat and cradle, again to be fitted in the spring. I have a query, the seat has come from an unknown tractor so no idea how to fit the new rubber seat "bumper". I have a feeling that I will have to fabricate a new support bracket. Can anyone indicate how the rubber "bumper" is fitted PLEASE!

blackbob
True Blue

Re: Renewing mudguards and other tinwork

Post by blackbob »

It's a bracket spot-welded to the back of the seat - it doesn't add much to the comfort, to be honest, but maybe it depends how well you are upholstered yourself :)
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

taffdavies
True Blue

Post by taffdavies »

Thanks for the info for seat bumper. Still waiting for the replated mudguards. Roll on the Spring. the rain should be warmer.

taffdavies
True Blue

Post by taffdavies »

I had a fabulous suprise, the mud uards were not plated but turned out yo be two new fabricated guards. Fitted - tremendous, THIS is the meaning of FRIENDS. :clap: :beer:

taffdavies
True Blue

Post by taffdavies »

Time is approaching when I can get to work on the tractor, it is parked beside my caravan but site is closed until start of season.
Reason I am starting this con, I have had severe problems (last year ) with clutch, not sure if the clutch linkage can be adjusted or I will need a new clutch. This has be talked about previously on here and due o the fact I have a dodgy ticker everything has been left, hoping to do either adjust or change clutch in early spring also tractor is 50 miles away, so, can anyone tell me what size are the bolts which connect gearbox to engine, presume they are imperial to enable me to obtain correct size spanners - PLEASE!

blackbob
True Blue

Post by blackbob »

5/8AF I think for the bellhousing? You'd be as well to get a set of AF spanners or sockets, at least from 7/16 to 3/4, as there are a few different sizes of bolts to remove?
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.