My new toy Fordson E27N

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
super6954
True Blue

My new toy Fordson E27N

Post by super6954 »

Well I guess it's been a while since I learned to post pictures,
so I thought I would show you guys the Major I bought as a birthday present to my self last month here in Manitoba Canada. I have to figure out the age but my dad thinks she's a later one. it has a 3pt hitch thats never been used from new complete with top link. there are a couple of pins and check chain adjusting nuts missing as the arms have been tied up out of the way from new!. there is a brand new radiator core for it and a re built fuel tank. all the tyres are up . she cost me $710 delivered to my yard.

she has been barn stored for 15 years as the guy that was restoring it died. but I have been looking at her and thinking if I could get her running she should stay as is and I dont think she needs much as it has new valves an turns over.

There is rumor that the lights and toolbox for it will turn up to when the snow melts here in a month or two as well. so what do you guys think. Oh buy the way I bought it as un seen from a description on the phone I think I was lucky :D
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re: My new toy Fordson E27N

Post by Dandy Dave »

I would say you done good. :clap: If you get her to run with out much trouble, then you done three times as good. :beer: :D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Dandy Dave wrote:I would say you done good. :clap: If you get her to run with out much trouble, then you done three times as good. :beer: :D Dandy Dave!
Hi there Dandy Dave Thanks for the great Comment
I guess she's gone up in value today :D , Got the old girl across to the workshop , I got fed up with walking round it outside the back door. well not really the suspense as to whether it will run got to me in the end :wink: . I played with the mag this afternoon and the outcome was a big huge spark strong enough to stun a horse :lol: .
I guess today she's worth another $375 as thats what a guy quoted to re build the mag if I needed it done :roll: .
I hope to work on it again tomorrow so hopefully I should get her running this week :) .
Regards Robert

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

That looks like a cracking buy, especially as you got a nice fat blue spark out of it! Did you manage to get it running? Ive just bought myself a little dexta for a new project, just trying to upload some pictures.
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Nick wrote:That looks like a cracking buy, especially as you got a nice fat blue spark out of it! Did you manage to get it running? Ive just bought myself a little dexta for a new project, just trying to upload some pictures.
Hi Nick
Glad to hear you are still buying old blue iron :) . Yes I got the old girl running she needed new plugs and leads and I have to change the oil, put the rad on and mend a flat in one of the back tyres :cry:. I guess by the time im done i'll have less than $1000 in her . Im thinking im still ahead of the game of making 1 from 2 and i hear scrap is good money. I am sorry to say the other 2 I have may head to the yard in the sky. The cost of getting one of them to run is not economic sense in Canada with the cost of parts and possible return on selling it on to pay for this one :cry: .
Regards Robert :)