Fordson Light Glass???

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
1949E27N
True Blue

Fordson Light Glass???

Post by 1949E27N »

Hi everyone, well I have managed to buy original headlights and brackets for the E27N. Now all I need to complete the headlight puzzle is one glass for one of the headlights.
Does anyone know of a supplier, preferably in Australia, who can supply new lenses which are similar to the originals?

Have just been down the shed welding up a bit up rust in the left hand guard, hydraulic seals came in today, it's all coming together very nicely... :clap:

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Re: Fordson Light Glass???

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi,

The only lens I have found that goes even close is the Pattern Lucas 6 1/2"in. glass/reflector. Catseye pattern Pt.no. HL50193 sold by Goffy Lighting. http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/goffylighting.htm

The part of the lens that protrudes through the rim is slightly smaller being 6" rather than 6 1/4" but I found that by using a 1/4" section 6" diameter O
ring rather than a cork gasket it fits nicely.

They come complete with reflectors and I ended buying a pair along with some quarts halogen globes and they work a treat.

I tried finding lenses in Australia at the vintage motorcycle places but couldn't find any. If you have a British car parts supplier that caries any old stock you may get lucky as the same lens was used on the E83W Ford van. Don't bother asking for the vehicle. just take in your other lens or ask to see their old lenses and you may get lucky. I found a pair of lenses that way for one of my tractors about 5 years ago.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.