Lights and brackets on E-Bay.

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Lights and brackets on E-Bay.

Post by Brian »

Don't look if you have a weak heart :twisted:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fordson-E27N-Trac ... dZViewItem
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Stevo
True Blue

Post by Stevo »

:evil: Hi Brian,
My god this joker is just a blatant profiteer, I think you would be either a low grade moron or have more money than you know what to do with to even consider this. If your patient you can get these hard to find bits of honest people but it does take time.

Regards,

Steve

Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Post by Meanderer »

Stevo,
He started off the auction at 99p and after 12 bids its at 245+ quid as bidder1 has put another bid on top of his last. YET it still hasn't reached the reserve!!! :yikes:

Regards,
Rick
'
Regards,
Rick

Stevo
True Blue

Post by Stevo »

Hi Rick,
:shock: What can I say, I'm just gob smacked. Personally if it was me I'd learn to live without or go reproduction parts, I wonder if the buyers realise that e27n's arn't really a rare tractor, not as common as fergies of course but quite easy to acquire very cheaply, at least they are in Australia. When you restore a machine even if its to keep forever you'd like to think its at least worth reasonably close to what it cost to restore, paying rediculous amounts for basic componants really puts you behind the 8 ball right from the start, not to mention taking the fun out of the project. I guess while people are paying the money the rip off merchants will thrive. (Fancy putting a reserve on a set of headlights, christ!)

Regards,

Steve

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hello All,

I can't beleve the prices these lights get either. I remember recently seeing an eBay auction for a complete running E27N listed at a starting price around the $600 Australian. The tractor was quite close to me being in Bendigo and I was tempted. The ad ran with a line in it saying the starting price was less than the value of the headlights! Given some of the recent English auction results, I tend to agree. However it does seem that only complete headlights with lenses get top dollar as I saw a headlight shell minus front rim, lens and reflector sell for only $15 not long ago. I wonder does that mean that there is a market for reproduction lenses?

On my tractor Marion I have resorted to 6 1/2" motorcycle headlight inserts which work realy well. (Thanks for the tip Brian.) However I am always on the lookout for genuine lenses, but I do draw the line at paying more for the lights than all three of my tractors costed. My other two tractors have complete genuine lights and Marion is my working tractor so I don't realy care what lenses are there but I always think that one day I may do a full restoration. I think the problem is that the lights were way too easy to break on the E27N, I know my Dad did a great job on ours and that is why they are getting very hard to get and expensive.

Regards, Frank.

P.S. If anybody is going to Brazil or just South America you can pick up headlights for next to nothing from all the dead Ford Prefect vans that are lying around. It might just pay for the trip too. :wink:

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

Went to a farm sale at Wellingborough on saturday and a pair of these with average brackets made over £400 +10% premium + VAT!
They really seem to be popular at the moment, as are P6 E27N's by all accounts!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

With 11 hours to go they have only reached £340.00. Looks like they are going "cheap".
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Brian,

That aint cheap. I cant believe that I bought a complete headlight off a Ford Prefect that I passed on to Stevo for $30 Australian only a couple of years ago. I even threw a coat of paint on it because it came to me painted pink and I could just imagine his tractor Milton having a heart attack with that bolted on. It was dead straight and had absolutely no rust in it, not like the crap ones for sale at the moment. Since then I have bought a pair of new old stock lenses for $100 each, which I thought was outrageous but I was impatient and I wanted the last lens that I needed for my two full restoration projects and it meant that Stevo got the last lens that he was missing at the same time. We both figured that $100 was not a bad price for something we had been looking for so long. Given those price rises I think that I will be selling the house for the next headlight that comes up for auction. :wink:

Regards Frank.

P.S. I would not be surprised if those lights do not go over 500. Three times more than I paid for all three tractors that I am keeping.