E27N P6 from Australia?

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Martijn
Not Quite Blue Yet

E27N P6 from Australia?

Post by Martijn »

Hey there!

We are restouring an E27N P6 at the moment. It looks like it's an original one, with 1 fuel cap in the tank and more original features.
After a lot of polishing we were able to read the text on a brass plate (about 10 cm. square) witch is fitted on the left rear fender.
It tells the user about maintenance on the engine (keeping the filters clean, changing oil in fuel pump every 200 hours etc.)
The word Perkins isn't mentioned on it but under the instructions we can read "Fordson motor company Australia Ltd."
Can someone shed a light on who fitted those brass plates and if it's an original feature on Aussi P6's..

hope to hear from you!

Greetz, Martijn
Holland

Matt 1944 N
True Blue

Post by Matt 1944 N »

I have seen these plates before, I think that they were fitted to all Australian export E27Ns

Good Luck

Matt

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Martijn,

My TVO E27N also has a similar plate that gave instructions on starting and maintenance. I have not seen these plates on all E27Ns, maybe it was something that Ford in Australia for a particular year. My tractor is a late 1951 model. What year is your tractor?

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Martijn,

All E27N Tractors sold in Australia, either Petrol/Kerosene or Diesel, had a Brass Instruction Plate attached. It could be on either mudguard or the tool box. The 1945 Model had it attached to the Dash. Apart from the heavy cast wheels Australian P6's had Primary & Secondary Fuel Filters, replaceable element in the Air Pre-Cleaner, Radiator Shutters, Tacho, etc. A photo of your tractor will soon tell us if it was assembled in AUstralia.
BarryM

Martijn
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Martijn »

Thanks for the information!

Unfortunaltely I haven't got any pictures of the tractor yet.
As soon as I have made some, I will post them..
BarryM, our tractor hasn't got those heavy cast wheels, but I can see from different colours of paint on the wheels that they were once swapped for the standerd E27N ones. Unfortunately the air intake pipe and pre cleaner wasn't on the tractor when we bought it. It hasn't got a tacho and radiator shutter but it does have a pressure cap with a overflow pipe on the radiator. I thought this was something typically Australian..
I have got the serial numbers that are stamped and cast in the engine block, they read:
Stamped: B3044158
Cast: C02280001
The engine has the copper screw in type of frost caps...

Greetings,
Martijn