Is there any official place for the Perkins badge on an E27N

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Aussie Frank
True Blue

Is there any official place for the Perkins badge on an E27N

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hello all,

After spending a good 4 hours in a scrap yard extracting a Perkins L4 engine to replace the sadly water logged and rusted L4 in Larry (my E27N L4 conversion) I came across a perkins grille badge. The guys at the scrap yard threw the badge in for nothing with the engine along with some Kigas primer pump parts. Which leads me to my question, was there ever an official location for the grille badge on an E27N Perkins conversion? Thanks in advance.

Regards, Frank.

David in Wales
True Blue

Post by David in Wales »

Most of the ones I've seen have them about mid-way in height and central on grill. Sometimes they are slightly off centre towards the right hand side.
David

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi David,

Thanks for the prompt reply and great photo. If most of the ones you have seen are central, I will go with that. I can't remember where the grill badge was on the only one owner original P6 that I saw some 6 years ago. I knew I should have had my camera with me.

Regards, Frank.

Eric Schulz
True Blue

Post by Eric Schulz »

It is doubtful if there is an "official" place for the badge. It would have been up to the installer of the kit.
Unless I am mistaken, all Australian P6's had their badges in the position shown in the photo. This is taken from the conversion pack instruction book.

Eric

Image[/img]

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the answer on the badge location and that is a great photo of a L4 conversion. Reminds me so much of my father out on the farm from when I was a young lad. Our tractor was a Petrol Kero and my father would have been looking backwards being the only differences. The looking backwards was not always wise though, we still had trees that always seemed to run out in front of the old Fordson.

I have a L4 as well as my P6 conversion. At the moment the L4 is definately a work in progress though as it is in bits spread over half the state of Victoria. Hopefully next years assembly job.

Regards, Frank.